Security Testing IT Project Manager
gTANGIBLE Corporation (gTC), www.gtangible.com, is a C corporation and a registered Government contractor that provides services and solutions in:
- National Security Programs
- Professional, Administrative, and Management Support
- Mission and Warfighter Support
We are a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and the founder has years of successful experience in the Government contracting arena. Our leadership team is an exceptional group of Government contracting professionals. gTANGIBLE is in the process of identifying candidates for the following position.
Requisition Type: Full Time
Position Status: Contingent
Position Title: Security Testing IT Project Manager
Location: National Capital Region
Security Clearance: Secret
Duties and Responsibilities
The Security Testing Information Technology Project Manager supports this Transportation Security Administration Information Technology (TSA IT) Task Order (TO) by providing support to handle assignment of contractor resources, ensuring progress is being made in support of requests, identifying hurdles or roadblocks, and providing regular reports of actions taken in support of requests and required activities. Manages the Tenable and RedSeal application projects which requires coordination with multiple teams, active participation with requirements generation, data and results analysis, project planning, reporting, and effective communication.
Duties include the following:
- Oversees operating system security testing, database security testing, network fabric asset security testing, web application security testing, penetration testing, and wireless communications security testing projects.
- Ensure contractor resource assignment, tracking of dates associated with individual activities, consolidation of weekly report listing all task and sub-task activities for entire contract, identification of issues preventing or hindering execution of Information Assurance and Cybersecurity Division (IAD) activities, and submission of deliverables are provided to IAD federal staff on time and in an error-free format.
- Report problems, issues, and deviations within their managed projects to IAD federal personnel by no later than the next business day.
- Participate in the weekly status meeting that will be arranged by the Program Manager to discuss weekly activities with appropriate IAD branch personnel.
- Manage software deployment and coverage expansion projects for IAD enterprise toolsets, or for other toolsets as needed by other IAD branches.
- Manage other IT-related projects with which IAD branches may require project management support.
- Manage and maintain all project documentation, both for managing the projects themselves, as well as any documentation created in the course of executing the project (for example: build documents, or design decisions).
- Manage project resource access requests to ensure that requisite access is granted for all project team members to necessary hardware or software assets. This is typically performed for Security Testing engagements where contractor personnel will require some level of elevated access to assets within TSA’s network. Obtaining elevated user access requires submission of Privileged Access Requests (PAR), and Project Managers will be expected to manage completion, submission, and tracking progress of these PARs to ensure testing engagement remain on-schedule.
- Ensure technical correctness of deliverables being provided to IAD. This is expected to include some level of quality assurance for all deliverables.
- Support ah-hoc IT Project Management activities of a non-standard nature as they are identified to provide a benefit to IAD’s security requirements.
Knowledge and Qualifications
- At least eight (8) years of experience performing project management of IT projects.
- At least three (3) years of experience performing project management as a contractor supporting, or employee of, the Federal Government.
- At least three (3) years of experience performing an IT related job (not project management) to ensure they have at least a base level of knowledge of IT related concepts and requirements.
- Experience with security testing and penetration testing.
- Experience in getting multiple individuals/teams to work together towards a common goal.
- Experience with the creation and maintenance of project schedules using both Microsoft Project and Excel.
- Industry standard IT security certifications or an Information Technology Bachelor’s degree.
- Possess industry standard project management certification. The Project Management Professional (PMP) certificate would be desirable.
gTANGIBLE Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, age, sex, color, physical or mental disability, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, or political affiliation.