Cybersecurity Policy Lead
gTANGIBLE Corporation (gTC), www.gtangible.com, is a C corporation and a registered Government contractor that provides services and solutions in:
- National Security Programs
- Professional, Administrative, and Management Support
- Mission and Warfighter Support
We are a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and the founder has years of successful experience in the Government contracting arena. Our leadership team is an exceptional group of Government contracting professionals. gTANGIBLE is in the process of identifying candidates for the following position.
Requisition Type: Full Time
Position Status: Contingent
Position Title: Cybersecurity Policy Lead
Location: Washington, DC
Duties and Responsibilities
The Cybersecurity Policy Lead will oversee research on cybersecurity policies, address inquiries, and assist TSA in updating relevant policies and procedures to ensure polices are update to date with latest guidance from National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), DHS, or TSA. Duties include the following:
- Manage the policy inquiry/intake mailbox or policy help desk:
- Track and resolve cybersecurity policy related questions
- Conduct internal and external policy research to support help desk policy inquiries using various sources and approved documentation.
- Review, interpret, edit, create, and update cybersecurity policy related documents:
- Create new cybersecurity policy documents as needed to address identified gaps or changes emanating from NIST, DHS, or TSA mandates
- Review DHS 4300A related documentation and provide inputs to management as needed
- Assist in providing inputs to management regarding the TSA Information Assurance (IA) Handbook
- Update TSA 1400.3 and IA Handbook annually
- Modify/update existing Information Assurance and Cybersecurity Division (IAD) cybersecurity-related policy standard operating procedures (SOPs), technical standards (TSs), management directives (MDs), Cybersecurity Cloud Security Handbook (CCSH), TSA Forms, Open Source Software (OSS) guide, SSI Program and Privacy Office related document reviews, and related Notification Memos capturing summary of changes
- Assist with reviewing and interpreting Executive Orders (EOs), OMB memos, Public Law (PL), DHS directives such as Binding Operational Directives (BODs), DHS Undersecretary Memos, NIST SPs, recommended best practices or other external source documents
- Assist management in providing inputs for risk assessment memos
- Meet with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to discuss and create and modify applicable policy documentation language.
- Review ITAR/PR packages and contracts to ensure appropriate IT security language is included.
Knowledge and Qualifications
- A Bachelor of Science (BS) or Bachelor of Arts (BA) from an accredited school.
- A minimum of 15 years of IT cybersecurity experience, including direct support for the US Government and 7 years serving as a Policy Analyst for an enterprise IT systems OR a relevant Master's Degree in IT, Computer Science, Business, or Engineering and 10 years' of IT cybersecurity experience including direct support for the US Government and 5 years serving as a Policy Analyst
- At least one of the following security certifications: Certified Authorization Professional (CAP), Certified Information Systems Security Officer (CISSO), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), or Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Knowledge of NIST Guidelines and FISMA Cybersecurity compliance requirements
- Technical knowledge of complex enterprise IT systems
- Knowledge and skill with Microsoft Suite such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and SharePoint management
- Experience communicating effectively, both oral and written, with technical, non-technical, and executive-level customers.
gTANGIBLE Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, age, sex, color, physical or mental disability, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, or political affiliation.