gTANGIBLE Corporation (gTC), www.gtangible.com, is a C corporation and a registered Government contractor that provides services and solutions in:
- National Security Programs
- Professional, Administrative, and Management Support
- Mission and Warfighter Support
We are a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and the founder has years of successful experience in the Government contracting arena. Our leadership team is an exceptional group of Government contracting professionals. gTANGIBLE is in the process of identifying candidates for the following position.
Requisition Type: Current Open Position (Immediate)
Position Status: Opened Job Requisition on August 27, 2020
Position Title: Proposal Writer (U.S. Government Solicitations)
- This Proposal Writer participates in the development (compliance matrices, response templates, and content), color team reviews, and production of volumes to be submitted to the U.S. Government (USG) in response to their solicitations. Works directly for the President. Note: Weekend work can be expected when working on proposals in response to Government solicitations.
Location: 2800 Eisenhower Avenue, Suite 104, Alexandria, Virginia 22314
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review incoming solicitations (RFIs, RFPs, RFQs, SSs) and shred (deconstruct) them for their requirements
- Analyze USG solicitation’s Sections L and M (or equivalent) for proposal requirements
- Develop compliance matrices for proposal responses to solicitations
- Template (outline and develop response instructions) for technical, management, and past performance volumes.
- Contribute to all aspects of the proposal development process, including: strategies and themes, storyboarding, writing, editing, design, scheduling work sessions, and advanced graphics/ desktop publishing support
- Generate, track, review, and follow-up on data calls for internal and subcontractor teammates
- Work directly with corporate executives, managers and SMEs to create proposal content inclusive of technical solutions, management approaches, and past performance references
- Support proposed key personnel and other candidate resume templating and then converting original raw resumes to proposal quality resumes; work with proposed candidates to acquire required information
- Attend and contribute to proposal progress meetings
- Assist in the company’s preparations for color team reviews and participate in recovery efforts
- Support lessons learned processes by evaluating proposal workflow and making recommendations for improvement
- Manage and update proposal boilerplates, templates, and ready reference libraries
- Support the final production phase of the proposal process
Knowledge and Qualifications
The Proposal Writer must meet the following requirements and have the following experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Candidate needs to be an “attention to detail” zealot
- Minimum 5 years of experience performing in a proposal developer, proposal writer, or proposal manager capacity in response to USG solicitations
- Minimum 5 years of experience and knowledge in Government contracting supporting the delivery of services to DoD and its military branches and/or USG civil agencies.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications, or related field; in lieu of the degree, four years of additional experience (above the minimum of 5 years) in USG proposal writing may be substituted
- Excellent command of English grammar, spelling, punctuation, syntax, and composition
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe
- Experienced and capable of Desktop Publishing, word processing, and PowerPoint slide development in support of proposal development
- Highly organized, team-oriented, independent thinker, and collaborative
- Ability to handle multiple projects in time sensitive environments
- Ability to organize and recall large amounts of detailed information
- Ability to be flexible, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to analyze and solve problems with professionalism and patience
- Ability to work well in time constrained, deadline driven conditions
- Preferred - Graduate of a Shipley proposal development/capture management course of instruction (or equivalent)
gTANGIBLE Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, age, sex, color, physical or mental disability, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, or political affiliation.