Weather War Planner
gTANGIBLE Corporation (gTC), www.gtangible.com, is a C corporation and a registered Government contractor that provides services and solutions in:
- National Security Programs
- Professional, Administrative, and Management Support
- Mission and Warfighter Support
We are a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and the founder has years of successful experience in the Government contracting arena. Our leadership team is an exceptional group of Government contracting professionals. gTANGIBLE is in the process of identifying candidates for the following position.
Requisition Type: Non-Contingent
Position Title: Weather War Planner
United States Air Force Central Command (USAFCENT) is the Air Force Service Component of United States Central Command (USCENTCOM), a joint Department of Defense combatant command responsible for U.S. security interests in 27 nations that stretch from the Horn of Africa through the Persian Gulf region, into Central Asia. This position supports USAFCENT/A3, Weather Division.
The Weather War Planner position performs staff functions IAW the current versions of AFI 13-103, AFFOR Staff Operations, Readiness and Structures and USAFCENT and USAFCENT/A3 policies and guidance as well as performing positional duties IAW current versions of AFI 10-401, Air Force Operations Planning and Execution, Chairman of Joint Chiefs of Staff Instruction (CJCSI) 3810.01D, Meteorological and Oceanographic Operations, Joint Publication (JP) 3-0, Joint Operations, JP 3-59, Meteorological and Oceanographic Operations, JP 4-0, Logistics, and the entire Air Force 15-series publications.
Location: Shaw Air Force Base, South Carolina
Security Clearance Level: Candidate must possess a TS/SCI clearance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with functional oversight for all weather forces in the USCENTCOM AOR and Area of Interest (AOI).
- Assist with management and oversight of all USAFCENT weather personnel and equipment within the USCENTCOM Area of Responsibility (AOR) and Area of Interest (AOI) for the weather functional area to support operational planning and execution for the US Air Force and US Army, as well as NATO/Coalition operations/support.
- Provide expertise to Joint METOC officers (JMOs) and weather flight leadership on deployed weather operations in the USCENTCOM AOR and AOI. Build and present orientation briefings to deploying JMOs, Officers in Charge (OIC), and Noncommissioned Officers In Charge (NCOIC) to enable them to have a better concept of C2 and their responsibilities in their deployed location.
- Coordinate weather issues with Combatant Command Senior METOC officers, MAJCOM and component staffs as well as other services.
- Draft weather letters of instructions (LOIs) and Annex H's, ISO Operations and Exercises and General Administration (GENADMIN) and Fragmentary Orders (FRAGOs) for review by the weather staff.
- Assist with interpreting, developing, and applying joint, CCMD, Air Force, MAJCOM, or Service component operational and exercise planning and execution policies.
- Use DCAPES and FRED for all facets of Air Force war planning and execution.
- Support CCMD, component, NATO, and coalition planning as required.
- Participate in Operational Planning Teams/Groups and when tasked participate in Boards, Bureaus, Cells Centers and Working Groups (B2C2WG) at the service, component, joint, and CCMD levels.
- Assist with developing the weather functional CCR and area Annex H supporting OPLANs, CONPLANs, OPORDs, and FRAGOs.
- Compile and leverage climatological data.
- Assist with developing force support requirements in response to combatant commander requests for weather capability IAW Air Force Guidance for Time Phased Force Deployment Data (TPFDD). Coordinate with MAJCOM (in force provider role) planners to ensure the accuracy of force requirements and modify as necessary. This includes ensuring TPFDD requirements can actually be met by postured capability.
- Coordinate with the force provider and Air Staff counterparts to ensure maximum use of standard UTCs postured in the UTC availability and registered in Manpower and Equipment Force Packaging system (MEFPAK) when maintaining an OPLAN TPFDD and ensure supported OPLAN TPFDDs are maintained according Air Force and AFCENT guidance.
- Perform weather operations and exercise execution activities as required.
- Assist with determining all weather rotational and surge operation TPFDD requirements IAW Air Force and USAFCENT guidance and support forward operating location (FOL) requirements for manning assistance, rotations, and equipment.
- Determine the appropriate organization to assign TPFDD requirements against to ensure accurate personnel accountability and proper organizational structure. If an approved organization (provisional or permanent) has not been established for each employment location, request one from the appropriate supported Air Component agency.
- Assist AEFC and MAJCOM FAMs, with analysis to determine their wartime requirements, and use of the War and Mobilization Plan (WMP) to continually assess their ability to meet current operations.
- Ensure Air Force unique guidance that supports the Air Force process of presenting forces is included in AOR-specific instructions, e.g. TPFDD Letters of Instruction (LOIs), Annex H's, and CCRs.
- Manage the Division Tasks (Task Manager Tool).
- Attend the Directorate Staff Meetings/Huddles/VTCs as required.
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Meteorology OR a graduate of the Air Force’s Weather Technician (Forecasters) Course with CCAF degree in Weather.
- Ten (10) years’ experience in the Air Force weather career field (Active/Civilian/Contractor).
- Three (3) years’ experience performing deliberate and crisis action planning on a Numbered/Component Air Force, Major Command, or Combatant Command staff.
- Graduate of the Contingency War Planners Course within one year of assuming task.
- Two years' experience with Microsoft office.
gTANGIBLE Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, age, sex, color, physical or mental disability, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, or political affiliation.