Digital DirectorApply Now
Overview of job
Creating brilliant, digitally driven, insight-led, and accountable communications that drive business success through content downloads and rentals for NBCUniversal across LATAM, EMEA, and APAC. Lead and develop a skilled, motivated, and future-proof centralised digital and biddable activation team responsible for campaigns across 15+ markets.
This role will be working on NBCUniversal with their Home Entertainment (Digital Sales, Rentals, and DVD/Blu-Ray), Content Group (independent films and documentaries), and streaming divisions (Hayu). As part of the role, you’ll be working on some exciting upcoming movie releases including – Fast X, Oppenheimer, and Trolls 3.
The Digital Director will need to gain a deep understanding of our client’s businesses and will need to apply their digital landscape and strategic knowledge to ensure that the digital team delivers the most effective plans to deliver on the client’s objectives and the changing entertainment marketing landscape.
The Digital Director is responsible for managing partner relationships with the key digital vendors (Meta, Amazon, Google, etc.) to ensure that our clients gain maximum benefits from trading deals brokered and JBPs. Measurement is a key part of the role, so the digital director is also responsible for ensuring that digital sales lead tracking and campaign dashboard reporting are deployed and working to provide robust measurement and results to drive the learning agenda.
For Hayu, the Digital Director will need to have a consultative approach to advise the in-house team on digital opportunities and best practices.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Global Account Director for NBCUniversal.
3 best things about the job:
- The People. There is an inclusive and supportive team culture. The relationship with the client is productive, transparent, and collaborative.
- Owning the Digital strategy. This includes full responsibility for setting the digital direction and managing market-leading vendor relationships in media, data, and tech.
- Entertainment marketing. Fast-paced category with diverse planning needs due to an extended range of content & markets that need to be accounted for.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Be the key digital contact and escalation point for the senior clients, actively engage and build client strong relationships.
- Provide thought leadership, opinion, and introductions to EssenceMediacom’s specialist services
Strategy & Planning:
- Lead strategic digital partner relations (e.g., Google, Facebook, Amazon, etc) and ensure that NBCUniversal clients are getting access to the relevant Betas, studies, and research
- Lead the digital learning agenda and report back insights and results gathered from testing via the QBRs
- Support digital strategy development as part of the strategy playbooks. Lead the development of partner-centric playbooks e.g., Amazon,
- Ensure that long-term digital strategies are being delivered through day-to-day planning from the digital and biddable activation teams.
Consultation and Best Practice:
- Help to identify potential partners for PMP deals and liaise with partners to set up deals and IDs for connection into client accounts
- Provide Hayu’s in-house digital team with access to agency updates and expertise e.g., Updates on fraud, risk, and key digital partners, Share best practices to reapply
- Work with the Global Account Director to drive new revenue growth, with a particular focus on analytics, benchmarking, and additional services
- Ensure that the digital teams develop and maintain a rigorous set of operational processes around campaign budget management and reconciliation to achieve zero financial write-offs in the year.
Leadership & Team Management:
- Lead & inspire the digital team members on all things digital including biddable activation and digital partnerships, and ad ops/ measurement
- Manage projects, planning & activation workflows across the team and ensure that all campaign and project deadlines are met and client SLAs adhered to
- Train, develop, lead, and inspire the digital team (10 specialists – 3 in Digital activation and 7 in biddable - Social and YouTube).
What you will need:
- A seasoned expert in digital media, biddable (social and YouTube), ad tech and eCommerce
- Experience in the entertainment sector digital marketing/ media is desirable
- A track record of delivering exceptional digital work for clients or as a client
- Strong relationships with digital & data partners, vendors, platforms, and suppliers
- A strong foundation in media planning principles and an understanding of the role digital media plays in a wide communications ecosystem
- Leads by influence and example to inspire and motivate the team
- Ability to influence the most senior clients/partners/internal stakeholders
- Excellent skills in consultative selling
- Embraces and manages ambiguity/complexity and can adapt and simplify the complex
What we can offer you.
- Company pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- 25 days holiday (increases with length of service)
- Permanent health insurance
- WPP share options scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Free eyecare vouchers and money off glasses
- Extensive training and development
- Corporate gym memberships
- Cycle to work scheme
- Interest-free travel loan
- Free breakfast (cereal and fruit)
- Smart shopper (online discount on a variety of products)
Sounds good? We’d love to hear from you!
We are a global communications agency leading with breakthrough thinking, building explosive growth for brands, and helping our clients see the bigger picture. Our daring global network of 10,000 influencers helps our clients breach traditional boundaries in media, uncover novel ideas, and unleash exponential growth. EssenceMediacom challenges conventional thinking to build, propel, and supercharge our clients’ businesses at scale and lead our industry in critical areas such as diversity, equity, inclusion, and sustainability.
EssenceMediacom understands that our people are tasked with big goals: building breakthrough growth for brands and leading with breakthrough thinking in our industry. Our people are at the heart of this work because their ideas will enable us to decode the intersections of people, content, and technology to bring our aspirations to life. Our success is down to our eclectic, diverse, and talented people. EssenceMediacom is a place for us to grow our careers and expand our horizons. EssenceMediacom is committed to building an agency culture that supports our people, puts diversity at the forefront of our operations, and creates an opportunity for all. This collective culture will be our “new power” where ideas are freely exchanged, and collaboration is actively encouraged in a place where you can innovate in our hyperconnected world.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at EssenceMediacom London*