Senior Business Analyst (Data Products)Apply Now
Senior Business Analyst (Data Products)
Senior Business Analyst (Data Products)
Reporting to: Senior Director, Project Management & Business Analysis
Overview of job
Data & Tech’s products and solutions are key to delivering EssenceMediacom’s ‘Breakthrough’ vision, helping to drive growth and efficiency. We deliver specialist media technology products and data-led services across a range of areas, from products that benefit clients (for example data reporting and dashboards, media activation optimisation, media planning, or insights applications) to internal business solutions (such as internal websites and automation). This role is an integral part of the development of our data reporting solutions and data products in Data & Tech, with specific responsibility – in the medium term – for our TCCC (The Coca-Cola Company) business.
Alongside the TCCC client team, you will consult on data and technology projects, providing guidance on data strategy and insights and identifying use cases and requirements for data-centric products. The role will work in close collaboration, on a global level, with internal TCCC team leadership, internal TCCC teams, and TCCC client sponsors to establish clear expectations on the functionality and use of the data and data solutions from a client and business perspective.
You’ll work in collaboration with other areas of Data & Tech such as Project Management and Development teams to outline use cases, understand current engagement, and otherwise inform the continued optimisation of existing products. You’ll provide expertise on best practice data processes, measurement frameworks, and impact analysis across global clients and client teams. You’ll also work closely with the wider Business Analysis team to define processes, establish suites of useful templates and champion comprehensive and consistent business analysis discipline through Data & Tech and beyond.
The role requires business acumen and a commercial mindset giving the ability to understand our agency and the TCCC businesses. Using this skillset, you will help to drive requirements for data reporting and data products ensuring these products reflect business needs and provide the right business outcomes. As such, a contextual understanding of the core media planning and buying agency services would be of benefit.
Key Areas of Responsibility & Accountability:
- Identifying business requirements
- Assist with thought leadership on data strategy and insights with end users and stakeholders to create detailed use cases and user requirements for data-centric products.
- Use expertise and understanding of internal and external stakeholder challenges to identify new reporting and automation opportunities.
- Elicit requirements and drive process change using meetings, document analysis, product analytics, requirements workshops, surveys, business analysis, and workflow analysis, working closely with other functions within Data & Tech, including UX/Design, Data Engineering, and Data Visualisation
- Build, maintain, and document requirements with a focus on client and business needs. Monitor requirements delivery through development and manage stakeholder expectations along the way.
- Analysing business processes
- Assist with initial client scoping and onboarding for data reporting, helping guide and define client team process.
- Establish, alongside the wider group, consistency and best practice within the wider Data & Tech team around business processes and documentation.
- Solutions design
- Work with a wider Data & Tech team – such as project management, data operations, engineering, and solutions architecture – to design data solutions that answer business and client challenges.
- Collaborate on the design of appropriate documentation and onboarding materials to support the product implementation.
- Agree on clear acceptance criteria for requirements and work with project teams to test solution features and functionality before release.
- Impact measurement
- Consult on medium to the longer-term measurement for data products – including product analytics to monitor usage, interviews/surveys for qualitative feedback, and business impact analysis to ensure products are generating value for end users.
- Create a measurement framework to outline processes, KPIs, and benchmarks to quantify business outcomes and ROI.
- Contribute to case studies as a means of communicating to the wider EssenceMediacom business and partner agencies about Data & Tech solutions and their business impact
Do you love data? Are you a strategic thinker with a keen business insight? Can you bring your data and insight skills to work collaboratively with technology teams and internal stakeholders to shape how data is reported, and data products are created? Are you process oriented, experienced in data insights and business analysis, and have a depth of experience in advertising, digital media, and marketing space?
We are seeking a pragmatic, forward-thinking individual who thrives in a fast-paced and growing environment. This role will suit someone happy to have some hands-on work and excited about contributing to a fast-paced industry.
You are collaborative by nature and understand that success in a global organisation is a group effort across geographies, business functions, and operating companies. You excel at bringing people and analytical solutions together to deliver tangible outcomes against business goals.
Essential Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
We are a global communications agency leading with breakthrough thinking, building explosive growth for brands, and helping our clients see the bigger picture. Our daring global network of 10,000 influencers helps our clients breach traditional boundaries in media, uncover novel ideas, and unleash exponential growth. EssenceMediacom challenges conventional thinking to build, propel, and supercharge our clients’ businesses at scale and lead our industry in critical areas such as diversity, equity, inclusion, and sustainability.
EssenceMediacom understands that our people are tasked with big goals: building breakthrough growth for brands and leading with breakthrough thinking in our industry. Our people are at the heart of this work because their ideas will enable us to decode the intersections of people, content, and technology to bring our aspirations to life. Our success is down to our eclectic, diverse, and talented people. EssenceMediacom is a place for us to grow our careers and expand our horizons. EssenceMediacom is committed to building an agency culture that supports our people, puts diversity at the forefront of our operations, and creates an opportunity for all. This collective culture will be our “new power” where ideas are freely exchanged, and collaboration is actively encouraged in a place where you can innovate in our hyperconnected world.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at EssenceMediacom London*
What we can offer you.
- Company pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- 25 days holiday (increases with length of service)
- Permanent health insurance
- WPP share options scheme.
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Free eyecare vouchers and money off glasses
- Extensive training and development
- Corporate gym memberships
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Interest-free travel loan
- Free breakfast (cereal and fruit)
- Smart shopper (online discount on a variety of products)
Sounds good? We’d love to hear from you!