Director of Product Marketing
Responsible for market facing, customer, and commercial insights to help inform product strategy, feature prioritization, roadmaps, value props, differentiation, and lead go-to-market, distribution/channel strategy, partnerships, product & experience design, pricing, sales enablement and training, and launch planning. Works at the intersection of product, marketing, sales, and support. Ensures customers get the most out of the company’s products and services and evangelizes the value of transitioning to a new energy grid that creates a more sustainable, equitable energy future.
Sample KPIs: Installer + Homeowner NPS, Installer penetration, Homeowner penetration, Homeowner upgrades and service penetration, Homeowner conversion rate
In this role, the successful candidate will
- Drive customer, market, and competitive insights to identify ways to inform and influence product strategy, feature prioritization, value props, and competitive differentiation to build highly differentiated products and services that achieve rapid customer adoption and drive category leadership.
- Lead customer segmentation strategy by understanding who our customers are, their motivation for buying, and what problem keeps them awake at night — serve as the voice of the customer with a deep understanding of customer needs and journeys.
- Lead distribution/channel strategy and strategic partnerships
- Lead pricing policies, governance, and execution across all product lines; use pricing analysis and financial modeling to drive pricing recommendations to optimize both revenue and profitability; monitor competitive pricing; communicate comparative pricing data
- Work with product and experience design teams to build beautiful customer experience-led, integrated h/ware and s/ware platforms, products, and services
- Lead go-to-market strategy, planning, and execution — including launch management and x-functional coordination; messaging & positioning; channel strategy & execution; partnerships; marketing, sales & support integration
- Serve as the product evangelist and chief storyteller for the products/platform — why it’s important, what problems it solves, and how people can get the most value and utility using the products
- Lead sales training and enablement, arming the sales teams with the industry’s best sales materials, decks, product demos, FAQs, case studies, testimonials, analyst reports, thought leadership, and more.
- Exceptional collaboration and interpersonal skills — one of the most collaborative roles in the company
- Positioning, messaging, and storytelling skills with the ability to create clear, compelling messaging frameworks by customer segment, illuminating pain points, benefits, competitive differentiation, value props
- Passionate about customer needs, behaviors, personas
- Ability to develop deep market, competitor, and product expertise
- Ability to build and quarterback unique, impactful, omni-channel go-to-market plans that drive market acceptance
- Outstanding decision-making skills and ability to drive progress and produce results with little oversight
- Excellent project and workflow management skills; ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects with competing deadlines simultaneously
- Comfortable working in a hands-on, fast-paced, growth-focused environment
- An exceptional people manager who fosters a fast paced culture of curiosity, creativity, and innovation
Desired experience – the following will be an advantage:
- 10 years experience in product marketing or product management roles in global, high-growth b2b and d2c technology companies
- Pricing-specific experience in either a pricing consultancy or in-house pricing team