Commercial Counsel – Sales, Marketing, and Product
About Enphase Energy, Inc.
Our mission at Enphase Energy is to advance a sustainable future for all. Founded in 2006, Enphase transformed the solar industry with our revolutionary microinverter technology which turns sunlight into a safe, reliable, resilient, and scalable source of energy to power our lives. Today, our intelligent microinverters work with virtually every solar panel made, and when paired with our award-winning smart battery technology, we engineer one of the industry's best-performing clean energy systems. The Enphase Energy system enables people to make, use, save, sell, and own their power. This includes our industry-leading app, which provides unprecedented data and control in the palm of your hand. Today, if you see a home with solar panels on it, there's a good chance it's an Enphase home. We have installed more than 58 million microinverters and over 3.0 million Enphase-based systems have been deployed in more than 145 countries, helping millions of people gain access to clean, affordable, and reliable energy while creating good jobs and a more carbon-free future for everyone. For more information, visit https://www.enphase.com and follow the company on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
We are seeking an experienced Commercial Counsel to help support the Sales, Marketing, and Product teams at our fast-growth, global, high-tech solar energy company.
In this role, you will be responsible for providing legal support for the domestic and international expansion of our energy product and services teams, as well supporting a variety of Enphase Installer Network business initiatives with respect to Enphase’s entire product portfolio. You will integrate with the business teams to structure and draft a variety of B2B and B2C sales agreements, product warranties, e-Commerce initiatives, and marketing promotions. You will also review marketing materials for legal compliance. Additionally, you will be responsible for supporting our Enphase Installer Network (EIN) business partners by advising our Pricing Team in structuring and drafting a variety of Installer pricing programs, promotions, and strategic agreements. The ideal candidate should have outstanding drafting skills, be capable of taking on new challenges and working independently, with a “can-do” attitude, in a very fast-paced and constantly evolving business environment. The position is based in our Fremont, CA headquarters, but can be remote.
Responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
- Collaborating with various businesses units to identify and mitigate risk, and to structure, draft, and negotiate a wide range of domestic and international commercial agreements including marketing, distribution, channel reseller, installer, and IP licensing agreements in connection with the sale of our cutting-edge residential and small commercial solar energy products;
- Structuring and drafting pricing agreements, rebate agreements, and other promotions;
- Liaising with all necessary cross-functional business clients on all such agreements;
- Reviewing marketing materials, web content, promotional offerings, and other customer facing communications relating to business unit activities;
- Working cross-functionally within the Legal team on related regulatory and compliance matters, such as data and consumer privacy, data security, as appropriate;
- Creating and maintaining template agreements and refining other legal agreements, processes, and forms;
- Supporting the Legal team in developing, implementing, and enforcing legal and compliance policies;
- Working cross-functionally within the company to influence and create actionable initiatives and reduce legal risk; and
- Performing other relevant duties and tasks as requested or necessary.
The successful candidate must be:
- Interested in continuing to expand their career as an international commercial and technology transactions lawyer supporting a hyper-growth energy technology company;
- Eager to learn and take on the challenge of handling a broad range of B2B and B2C commercial matters;
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team, taking ownership and responsibility for completing projects;
- Able to support a variety of legal initiatives, including collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders;
- Prepared for an immediate hands-on experience with an accelerated learning curve consistent with Enphase’s culture and values; and
- Energetic, with a positive mindset and “can-do” attitude.
- JD degree from a nationally recognized ABA accredited law school
- Member in good standing of the California State Bar or other State Bar, as applicable;
- At least 8 years’ experience working in commercial, technology, and transactional matters, preferably in tech and supporting sales organizations;
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills with an ability to speak “non-lawyer” with business partners throughout the company;
- Excellent drafting, negotiation, and organizational skills;
- Ability to be flexible, to think strategically and to balance legal risks against business concerns;
- Eagerness to learn about new technologies and business models;
- Possess high integrity, ethics, a good attitude, and a strong & persuasive personality with demonstrated ability to execute in a fast-paced environment; and Ability to collaborate cross -functionally and build enduring relationships.
Salary scale (CA): $175,000 - $225,000 per year