Sr. Staff Engineer Cloud
GET READY FOR THE FUTURE OF ENERGY
World’s best software-defined home energy solutions company
- Milestone years
Sr. Staff Cloud Engineer OR Principal Cloud Engineer based on experience level
CTO Lead India
Mission (Why does this role exist?) and Scope (About the Job)
Enphase Energy is one of the fastest growing and most dynamic Energy Systems Companies in the world. Today, our integrated hardware and software solutions empower people to make, store, use, sell, and share their own energy. We are accelerating the shift away from fossil fuels and toward the clean electrification of our homes, businesses, and communities. Enphase has already installed more than 39 million microinverters, which are helping power approximately 2 million households across 130 countries.
We are continuing to grow around the world. Enphase was listed on the S&P 500 for the first time in January 2021, featuring a market capitalization of more than $25 billion.
CTO team at Enphase nurtures forward looking technologies and works closely with business units to consume them for upcoming product development. We are now extending our CTO organization in Bangalore by building ~15-member team. This team will consist of technology leaders with deep hands-on experience and passion for technology.
We seek experienced Cloud Principal Engineer who will be able to work across multiple technologies, products, and organizations. Breadth and Depth of technologies (IOT, Cloud, Mobile) with hands-on experience with multiple programming language is must for this role. Your ability to learn and prototype multiple products / projects, lead the design and implementation of maintainable, high-quality, and high-performing cloud, web and mobile applications is essential for success in this role.
Work closely with Functional heads, Product managers, Analysts, Architects to bring multiple concepts to working / prototyping / launching stage. Provide hands-on technical expertise to design, engineer, deploy, and deliver including driving improvements in technical architecture, standards, and processes. Partner with Business Unit, Engineering, Product Management, and Professional Services to ensure required technology upgrades/migrations/ and builds are well understood and planned into roadmaps.
Key Responsibilities and Outcomes (What the Person needs to accomplish in the role ?)
- The ideal candidate will be working with a variety of clouds (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.) and deliver distributed computing platforms leveraging cloud technologies
- Work on the IoT platform components requiring the low latency data ingestion in the scale of millions of time-series datapoints per day
- Participate in several advanced levels of Proof of Concepts and work with the engineering team to bring them to fruition
- Collaborate with a variety of stakeholders inside the CTO organization to have a better understanding of the larger picture (system level) and to produce results
- Managing the productization of PoCs across the firm utilizing multiple open-source tools
- Participate in IP creation at the IoT edge, in the cloud, and in data storage systems
- Work on component design at a low level and document it with a clear architectural perspective
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to developers and engineers
- Collaborate with various stakeholders to design a comprehensive developer experience strategy that includes API protocols, definition, documentation, management, deployment, discovery, and canonical models
- Contribute to the creation of technical blogs, technical know-how, and presentation delivery
- Contribute to cloud deployment strategies, DR strategies, cost analysis, open-source tools/components comparison
- Align all efforts with the vision of the CTO's office
Qualifications: Education, Competencies (Knowledge, Skills & Behaviour) and Experience
- Minimum Qualifications
- Masters (IS, CS, EC/EEE) with 6 to 12+ years of experience or B.Tech (IS, CS, EC/EEE) with 8 to 15+ years of experience from a reputed institute
- Proven experience in working with AWS and/or GCP and/or Azure
- Working grasp of Microservices and Event-driven architectures, as well as cloud and on-premise deployment models
- The job necessitates an inventive attitude, with an emphasis on IP creation at the system level (IoT Edge, Cloud, Data Storage Systems), as well as directing company-wide productization of assigned PoCs using various open-source technologies
- Working experience in design patterns and SOLID principles
- Technical mindset with good eye in details
- Software defined infrastructure, automation, edge computing, micro-ui, blockchain, and other cutting-edge concepts and technologies will enable applicants to contribute across the organization
- The candidate should have strong presenting abilities, be able to persuade others, and be able to deliver his or her ideas to a variety of stakeholders
- Good experience in database design keeping in mind the CAP theorem
- Experience in data modelling system for a specific domain i.e. IoT
- Hands-on experience with Big Data technologies and NoSQL databases covering document database, graph database, key-value database and columnr database
- Preferred Qualifications
- Exposure or knowledge in Renewable Tech companies
- Exposure to IoT platforms & products
- Exposure in blockchain platforms like Hyperledger Fabric, Ethereum, IOTA
- Machine learning engineering/MLOPs
- Container orchestration platforms like Kubernetes, Docker Swarm
- Big data technologies like Apache Spark, Kafka, Pulsar, Apache Storm, Apache Airflow etc.