Sr. Director, Human Resources
Enphase Energy is using the innovation that made us the world leader in microinverter technology to transform energy generation and management forever.
We are one of the fastest growing and most dynamic Energy Systems Companies in the world. By combining the power of solar energy and the proven advantages of communications technology, Enphase Energy makes solar power systems productive, reliable, smart, and safe. Our microinverter system is profoundly changing the way solar systems function, and as a result, changing the solar industry itself.
As we continue our exciting growth, we are building teams with highly talented individual contributors and leaders who design, develop, and manufacture next generation energy technologies. Our work environment is fast-paced, fun, and full of exciting new projects.
The Senior Director, Human Resources, is a key member of the HR leadership team. S/he will report to the VP/CHRO and manage a team of HRBPs. The position will serve as a trusted advisor and a key member of the leadership team. S/he will have responsibility for all aspects of the human resources function across the Americas regions including Canada, USA, Mexico, and Latin America.
In this context, the individual will be responsible for supporting the Company’s rapid growth and will manage an evolving HR team in the regions. The individual will be responsible for providing strategic direction and advisory support by setting and executing a progressive human capital strategy. He/she will define HR priorities, develop HR policies, deploy best practices and implement key initiatives that support business growth and delivery across multiple business segments, and functions.
- Be a Strategic Business Partner. The Sr. Dir, Human Resources will serve as a key strategic partner to the leadership team. S/he will:
- Align HR programs / solutions to business goals and performance.
- Drive and implement organizational design, transformation, change management, employee engagement, attraction and retention of employees, and employee relations strategies and policies
- Ensure that the organization is equipped with the human capital required to support business priorities and growth.
- ‘coach’ the HR and senior management team on critical HR issues.
- Foster trusted relationships and influence members of the Leadership Team and aligned HR Functional Leaders.
- Lead and Coach the Team – The Sr. Dir, Human Resources should have the stature and credibility to command respect and acceptance. To achieve the desired results, it will be critical for the candidate to:
- Ensure that the right people are in the right positions.
- Emphasize coaching and mentoring to upgrade the capabilities of existing leadership,
- Reassigning individuals based on competency fit and/or new talent to fill organizational gaps.
- Lead in strengthening HR capability and establishing it as an equal partner in achieving organizational success.
- Provide strong leadership to the HR organization to ensure the highest levels of performance and
- Instill a culture that emphasizes collaboration, accountability, and transparency among the HR team
- Optimize systems and processes: The Sr. Dir, Human Resources will apply both a strategic and operational lens to:
- Drive the ‘predictive maintenance’ of people issues in conjunction with proactive people engagement.
- Sense issues before they happen and make processes even better e.g., relating to people productivity, ‘hire to retire’ practices, employee engagement etc.
- Innovate and proactively incorporate best-in-class processes and practices in line with organizational growth.
- Remain at the cutting edge and manage a high performing HR team
- Drive organizational agility and responsiveness to changing market conditions and evolving business models.
- Oversee the HR portfolio end-to-end: The Sr. Dir, Human Resources should be a proactive professional with deep roots in the function. S/he will develop a broad understanding of HR programs and set strategic direction in areas such as: Talent Acquisition, Compensation, Benefits, Performance Management, OD, Talent Assessment & Development, Talent Movement, Workforce Planning, Employee Engagement, and Talent Analytics.
- Workforce Planning and Recruitment – S/he will be responsible for systematic identification and analysis of businesses (BUs) resource requirements including volume, skills, and quality of talent to achieve its objectives. Closely engage with the BUs and drive Talent Acquisition to ensure the fulfillment of the staffing needs with well-defined metrics. Ensure a conscious, deliberate approach to attracting and retaining top talent from both inside and outside the organization.
- Organizational Development/Design (OD) – S/he should demonstrate a thorough understanding of BUs’ strategies, the competitive landscape, current and potential future business challenges. Provide guidance on the organizational development needs aligned to the organization’s growth strategy. Design and implement solutions to meet business needs.
- Talent Management: The individual will support the business leaders and prepare for the annual performance management and talent reviews. S/he will lead the talent review sessions; facilitate open/honest discussions for identification of top talent and ensure a robust succession planning process. S/he will facilitate risk-impact analysis of leadership talent and proactively create retention strategies.
- Compensation, Benefits & Analytics –S/he will be in the consulting role for the development, implementation, administration and maintenance of compensation and benefit programs, working very closely with the leader of Compensation and Benefits.
- Change Management – S/he will accelerate growth, lead change in BUs to influence organizational culture. Implement change programs as business needs dictate.
- Employee Engagement – Along with the company’s strategic imperatives and values, create a collaborative and engaged workforce based on shared goals and accountability.
- Employee Relations and compliance – Minimize risk to organization. Collaborate with legal and outside counsel as needed to address complex or highly sensitive issues.
The individual must have the ability to consult, influence and partner with senior leaders in developing/executing HR strategies to drive business performance and have demonstrated relationship management skills at all levels of the organization. Prior experience with growing a strong HR functional team would also be beneficial. The individual would have successfully managed and influenced in a matrix, cross-cultural environment.
- Master's degree / MBA in HR.
- 15-+ years of HR experience with experience in a strategic HR role in a global organization.
- Technology industry experience is essential
- HR Generalist skills in all areas of HR required
- Excellent consulting, coaching, communication, and facilitation skills
- Successful track record of superior HR service delivery
- Proven Experience in supporting executive level leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to manage organizational change utilizing a full spectrum of change methods
- Proven ability to develop HR staff and lead teams in a matrix environment.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity, ability to influence stakeholders
- Experience in dealing with ambiguity and managing complex situations
The individual must demonstrate:
- Credibility and respect of HR and business
- Thought leadership both inside and outside the organization
- Strong verbal and written communication skills,
- Nuanced interpersonal skills and a subtle though firm influencing style
- Personal confidence to hold his/her own in reasoned discourse while operating across multiple cultures will be important.
- Conscientiousness and have a very strong operating discipline.
- Transparency, openness, and willingness to share information and shun hierarchy.
Further, the candidate will embody and ‘live’ the highest ethical standard. S/he will demonstrate emotional intelligence, passion, gravitas, flexibility, and adaptability in response to business pressures and people challenges.