Commercial Deal Manager (Deal Desk) - EMEA
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 4,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
Nutanix Sales Operations is comprised of approximately 30 professionals located in offices in Europe, North America and Asia. We are growing fast.
Our team is founded on three pillars:
- Partnership- We strive to be the easiest company in the tech sector with which to do business. Easy for our customers. Easy for our internal teammates.
- Service-We to our best every day to enable our teammates to drive revenue, increase market share and build winning relationships with our partners and customers.
- Integrity-Our sense of ethics is of paramount importance to team Nutanix
We strive to act as a Strategic Business Advisor, End-To-End Business Enabler and Risk Management Centre of Excellence every day.
Our SalesOps team, working in close proximity with Nutanix legal, has built a reputation as a change agent; a team that embraces innovative business models, pioneering service delivery, technology and business process best practices to achieve great things.
Our goal is to be the best company in our industry, one that attracts the finest global talent through its culture, breadth and quality of work, development opportunities and reward programmes.
We are well on our way to achieving that goal.
If the above excites you and you wish to play a major role in a winning team, we want to hear from you.
The lifecycle of a successful deal runs from proposal production through to final completion of a legally binding contract. A deal manager needs to understand all aspects of the process and help to lead a multi-disciplinary team successfully from opportunity inception to final contract closure.
The Commercial Deal Manager role sits within the Sales Ops and works closely with Nutanix legal. Your primary internal customer is our talented and focused Sales Group. The role, however, is multifaceted and interdisciplinary, requiring you to support and collaborate with multiple functions within the business globally. You will work closely with Commercial lawyers, Finance, Sales Operations, Tax, Support, Professional Services, Information Security, Compliance, and other business functions. You help to launch major business deals, and you will help to close them. Along the way, you will interact with senior representatives of most if not all of Nutanix’s internal functions.
As Commercial Deal Manager, you will operate in a dynamic, fast paced, fun and rewarding environment. You will be a trusted strategic business partner. You will have a lot of responsibility and your job will directly impact the trajectory of the business. To this end, you will be proactive, use your initiative, apply professional judgment, broad business and commercial acumen and common sense at all times.
As Commercial Deal Manager, you will engage extensively across the entire sales lifecycle from opportunity identification and RFP production through to contract award and deal closure. You will be the primary point of contact for sales executives in relation to Nutanix’s most important sales opportunities. You will:
- Analyse the qualified opportunity related documentation e.g. RFIs, RFPs, etc.
- Develop a proposal strategy with your cross functional team that optimally positions Nutanix’s solutions and value proposition;
- Help to identify legal, commercial and operational risks, together with your cross functional team, and implement creative solutions to mitigate those risks;
- Seek, obtain and track business approvals from legal, finance, engineering, InfoSec, HR, etc;
- Collate content contributions for proposals, help to prepare proposal documentation and ensure the timely submission of a first-class winning proposal;
- Help to complete critical contracts by obtaining required multifaceted approvals, supported by and in collaboration with skilled Nutanix legal professionals.
In addition to the above, you will participate in continuous business improvement initiatives aimed at driving standardisation, best practice adoption, efficiency and velocity in our business. In short, you will be a mission critical key contributor to the continued meteoric growth of this exciting international technology leader.
The skills required for a Commercial Deal Manager include:
- Project and Transaction management skills;
- Risk mitigation skills;
- Basic knowledge of revenue recognition i.e. USGAAP
- Ability to think tactically, strategically and creatively;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Sophisticated interpersonal skills;
- Cultural awareness;
- Capable of working under time constraints and meeting key deadlines;
- Ability to work both as a collaborative team member;
- Conflict management and resolution skills; and
- Ability to establish credibility and build strong relationships at all levels up to and including CXO level.
- Knowledge of basic business law principles.
Information Technology Skills
Proficiency in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint). Salesforce.com experience.
7 years as a commercial deal manager, contracts manager and/or project manager with a Blue-Chip organisation in the Information Technology industry, performing tasks similar to those listed above. In other words, you’ve helped to operate a deal desk at fast paced tech company. Seasoned professionals are invited to apply.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Law, Finance or similar.
Proficiency in English. Additional languages are very desirable.
We are looking to fill roles in London and San Jose
Nutanix Training and Knowledge
After joining Nutanix, you will receive a crash course of specific training in the following areas:
- Legal e.g. licensing terms, sales terms, global compliance and standard software related contractual terms;
- Finance e.g. deal economics, discounting, revenue recognition, tax;
- Products – You will learn what our incredible technology does for businesses and governments around the globe
- Processes e.g. introduction to senior points of contact around the company that will help guide you through the RFP and contract completion process
- Project management, deal management, risk management, multi-national deals.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.