Manager, Sales Development - West
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 4,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
We are looking for a motivated and driven leader to manage our Inside Sales team who will effectively build, mentor, inspire and lead a team of Sales Development Reps (SDRs) to exponentially grow our business. You should bring a proven track record of success in achieving sales targets and previous experience motivating teams through leadership, coaching, interpersonal communication and team-building skills. The Sales Development Manager will be a leader on the corporate sales team while partnering with other departments of the company.
- Lead the team to achieve quota for number of qualified meetings per month with Manager/Director/VP/and C-level decision makers in target accounts
- Oversee the follow-up on inbound leads and inspire the team to make effective outbound calls into top accounts
- Work closely with the Integrated Marketing team to maximize campaigns and support the lead nurturing process. Our objective is to create one integrated experience.
- Utilize salesforce.com to track activity and update lead and opportunity information
- Provide feedback and recommendations on marketing efforts from real world interactions with prospects and customers
- Manage SDR team and work with Field Sales and Field Marketing to develop and conduct proactive outbound calling strategies to penetrate target accounts. Research accounts, identify key players, generate interest, and successfully manage and overcome prospect objections in order to secure qualified meetings and expand Nutanix’s presence
- Ensure SDRs develop and maintain effective territory plans to maximize and leverage phone time, including pre-call planning, adhering to territory hours and metrics, and customizing scripts to market segments and prospect type
- Manage a lead prospecting pipeline and maintain accurate information about suspects, prospects, their companies, and their buying habits/preferences.
- Ideally 5+ years of overall sales experience, with 2+ years experience leading a revenue-driven lead generation team at a technology company
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent combination of education, experience and training
- Proven ability to consistently create qualified pipeline
- Strong sales process, analytical orientation and attention to metrics
- Ability to build reports as appropriate and communicate regular status metrics
- Thorough understanding of the sales cycle from lead generation to close
- Solid verbal, written, interpersonal and listening skills
- Significant experience with salesforce.com
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.