Job Title: Payroll Specialist/HR Coordinator
Location: Elkhart, IN
Our Company, Your Opportunity:
Plumrose USA is a company with an 80-year history of providing high quality, great tasting sliced meats, bacon, ham and ribs. Plumrose was recently acquired by JBS, the world’s leading provider of beef, chicken and pork, with a vision of building the company into a leader in Protein Centric Prepared Foods. This is a unique opportunity to be in a start-up environment, with the backing of a Global CPG Powerhouse. This is a role for someone who is looking for an entrepreneurial challenge in a company with aspirations to be leaders within the CPG world. The position will have both strategic and tactical elements and the person may wear different hats. This is an opportunity for people who want to think big, dream big and work to make big ideas a reality.
To be THE BEST in all we do. We are completely focused on our business, ensuring the BEST products and services to our customers, a relationship of trust with our suppliers and profitability for our shareholders. All this, we do to provide an opportunity for a better future for all of our TEAM MEMBERS.
Our Company is in search of an experienced Payroll Specialist/HR Coordinator who will be responsible for applying business knowledge, human resources practices and payroll expertise. He or she will assist in providing a wide range of HR support and advice. The successful candidate will play a key role in the success of the plant by maintaining the payroll function and supporting leadership and hourly employees on HR related matters.
- Process weekly and bi-weekly pay cycles for employees
- Work with all aspects of Payroll including verifying employee time, payroll deductions, vacation, etc.
- Reviews and validates timesheets and other information to detect and reconcile payroll discrepancies
- Provides information to managers on payroll and attendance matters
- Administration and tracking of employee attendance including, disciplinary action, vacations and leave of absence
- Establishes, evaluates and maintains departmental reports and key indicators. Recommends new processes, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed
- Services employees on payroll questions, benefits and HR related questions.
- Responsible for internal company communication, including bulletin boards, company newsletter, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Prior experience in unionized environment preferred
- SAP and Kronos software knowledge preferred
- Customer-focused attitude and excellent communication skills with high level of professionalism and discretion
- Manage multiple priorities and dynamic deadlines, Flexible and positive in a fast-paced business environment, efficient time management and communication
- 2 years of HR experience preferred
- Understanding of HR best practices and current regulations
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalency required
- Proficient in MS Office suite
- High learner, ability to be agile
- Bilingual Spanish skills preferred, but not required
- Must be able to work overtime and weekends
If interested, please apply at jbssa.com/careers We offer a full range of benefits including health care, life insurance, and a 401 (K) plan. Plumrose USA is an equal opportunity employer.