GENERAL SUMMARY: Safety Coordinator
Pilgrim's Pride Corporation employs approximately 40,500 people and operates chicken processing plants and prepared-foods facilities in 14 states, Puerto Rico and Mexico. The Company's primary distribution is through retailers and foodservice distributors. For more information, please visit http://www.pilgrims.com.
This position will be responsible for providing guidance, direction and leadership to the site’s safety process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implement, and maintain all Safety and Health programs.
- Develop and maintain site’s Share Point.
- Maintain open lines of communication with the Safety Manager.
- Assists in the investigation of all near misses, first aid cases, recordable cases, lost day injuries, as described in the Corporate Safety Leadership and accountability Program.
- Keep the management team informed of any safety and health related issues and/or concerns identified within your respective scope of responsibility.
- Spend time being visible in the processing plant and other site locations.
- Provide training support to the organization and ensure that all required monthly training is completed as scheduled.
- Five or more years of safety experience in the food industry preferred but not required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Building and maintaining an online database
- Word – General skills
- Creating Slides for Monthly training and Alchemy
- Building and maintaining formulas
- Data Validation
- Pivot Tables
- VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP, and XLOOKUP
- Bi-lingual (Spanish/English) capabilities would be a plus.
- Must be available 24/7 as needed.
- Bachelors/Masters degree in Safety Engineering/Management or related field is preferred but not required.