Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
Location: Swanton, VT
Position Purpose: Responsible for all tasks including but not limited to preventive and breakdown maintenance
Key Responsibilities and accountabilities but are not limited to:
- Read and interpret blueprints and schematics
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair
- 24-480 volt electrical systems
- Controls, safeties, motors, contactors, heaters, etc.
- PLC controls
- Servo systems and controls
- Troubleshoot and repair mechanical and pneumatic systems:
- Liftings, transfer, valves, bearings, gearboxes, chains, belts, etc.
- Vacuum systems and controls
- Basic machine shop skills:
- Drilling, tapping, welding, fabrication
- Perform preventive maintenance tasks
- Lubrication of equipment and machinery following standard procedures as indicated on P.M sheets or in equipment manuals
- Technical problem solving skills
Work Environment / Physical Demands: Moderate physical demands, cold and damp environment
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Electrical, electronics, mechanical, knowledge in PLC, troubleshooting, and some computer skills
Experience / Work History:
- Experience in electrical, welding, machine shop skills, and ability to read schematics.
- Good safety record and good attendance