The culinary manager is an integral part of the pilgrim’s culture with involvement in a 360 approach to innovation; a catalyst to IDEATE to strategic opportunities, CREATE best in class products at scale, and top notch SERVICE to our key customers.
- Work cross-functionally to create a short and long term innovation pipeline.
- Identify branded growth opportunities within retail and food service outlets.
- Be the foodie or operator lens while harvesting and filtering through consumer insights.
- Facilitate ideation, dine-arounds, menu analysis and concept development for key growth areas.
- Foster growth opportunities and technologies through strategic supplier partnerships.
- Lead accelerated gold standard prototype development against innovation growth channels and customer requests.
- Partner with R&D counterparts to optimize an agile product development process.
- Develop standardized recipes for product applications.
- Apply product innovations to fit the brand and BOH needs of our retail and food service customers.
- Setting the tone of a culinary culture through proactive presentation of consumer lead trends and customer needs.
- Work closely with customers and internal development teams to provide on trend concepts and menu guidance.
- Embody a strong hospitality mindset to create memorable customer experiences.
- Maintain a food safety culture & ownership of the kitchen facilities sanitation and organization.
- Provide general kitchen duties to internal and external resources when needed.
- 5+ years’ experience as a Corporate/R&D Chef, or 5+ years industry chef experience with a B.S in Food Science or related degree.
- Must possess strong culinary skills and working knowledge of new product development/product commercialization process
- Ability to stay agile as a team player through evolving business needs and opportunities.
- Should be able to work well both independently and as part of a broad cross-functional team
- Strong communication and listening skills while maintaining an organized work plan.
- Travel up to 50%
- Culinary Degree from accredited culinary arts institution preferred
- S. Food/Meat Science a plus, but not required
- R.C. certification preferred
- ServSafe Certification preferred