Catapult Learning, a division of FullBloom, provides evidence-based intervention, specialized services and professional learning solutions for public and non-public K-12 schools. We dedicate our careers to improving outcomes for students who have not found success in the traditional classroom. Our team of over 4,000 educators are driven by a common purpose: to positively impact the educational, behavioral and social and emotional welfare of every child with whom we engage. Our purpose drives our performance and we are looking for individuals who want to make an impact. Come explore a career with Catapult Learning.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
* Work with students requiring Applied Behavior Analysis assistance per their IEP.
* Assist the Program Director and Teacher in taking all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students and to prevent damage to school equipment and classroom facilities.
- Possess an understanding of Catapult Learning’s philosophy, policies and procedures relating to conduct, discipline and attendance outcomes for students and staff.
- Provide instructional leadership in creating a positive and caring learning environment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of current curricular and instructional practices that promote student achievement and are specifically aimed at students with disabilities and behavioral issues.
- Understand the principles of effective classroom management.
- Implement the behavior improvement program.
- Supervise initiatives that meet appropriate alternative education standards.
- Develop strategies for continuous school improvement.
- Provide direction and leadership regarding safety and security by assisting in student arrival and dismissal process at school entry and exit points and within the classroom setting as well as participating in proper student searches when necessary.
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders including parents, outside social service agencies and law enforcement.
- Ensure compliance in upholding and enforcing school rules, administrative policies, and state, municipal and federal regulatory guidelines.
- Demonstrate professional conduct with colleagues, students, and parents in accordance with Catapult Learning’s policies, procedures and rules.
- Lead by example by being punctual, respectful, and assertive and by guiding staff and students to take pride in their classrooms, school, and community.
- Perform other assigned duties determined by Catapult Learning’s needs and business requirements.
- ABA certification
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Educational Leadership, Social Services or other related educational fields from an accredited college or university.
- Three years experience working with disruptive and/or at risk youth preferred
- Excellent skills in communication, establishing positive interpersonal relationships and leadership.
- Demonstrated service as a community and school role model.
- Evidence in-depth knowledge of at-risk programs, with in-depth experience working with individuals with exceptional needs.
- Appropriate child abuse clearance and background check.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Must understand that all children can learn. Must demonstrate positive and enthusiastic attitude toward internal and external customers. Must be flexible. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office preferred. Must be available to work during the summer months.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Light lifting, walking, climbing stairs. Most programs are in school settings.
The Company provides all classroom and instructional materials as well prepared lesson plans and paid training. Continued instructional and leadership support for all employees is also provided.
FullBloom provides education and behavioral health solutions for children and their families, leading to better life outcomes, regardless of the learning obstacles and other challenges they face. The company’s team of over 5,000 education and healthcare professionals work to achieve measurable and sustained academic and behavioral gains through evidence-based programs that include specialized education, Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) therapies, intervention services, and professional development. Founded in 1976 and headquartered in Camden, New Jersey, FullBloom supports tens of thousands of children and families, over 500 school districts, and more than 25,000 teachers annually through its three operating divisions – Catapult Learning, Specialized Education Services, Inc (SESI), and Little Leaves. www.fullbloom.org