Instructional Excellence Coach
Instructional Excellence Coach-South Territory
Catapult Learning, the largest provider of K-12 contracted instructional services in the United States, is searching for an Instructional Excellence Coach (IEC). Instructional Excellence Coaches ensure high-quality instructional leadership and teaching in our intervention programs.
IECs are responsible for developing instructional leadership capacity in program leaders through multiple pathways and coaching opportunities that can include: developing and supporting program improvement plans; data analysis; modeling effective teacher observations; modeling professional development; modeling strong instructional strategies; modeling teacher coaching; supporting high-level strategic planning. This position reports to the Lead Instructional Excellence Coach, South Territory.
- Strong background in in Pre-K-12 teaching, coaching, and/or leadership; intervention experience a plus
- Previous experience planning, developing, and facilitating professional development for teachers and/or school leaders
- Ability to track and analyze quantitative and qualitative data to discover trends and act strategically and effectively to improve instructional quality and academic achievement
- Strong communications skills with the ability to influence people; Transparent communicator who delivers feedback in a direct and compelling way that inspires immediate improvement
- Strong organization and time management skills
- An unrelenting commitment to constant learning and improvement, in both your own work and the work of others
- Willingness to travel as needed and work non-standard hours
- Have at least five years teaching experience (preferably in a high-needs school) with a proven track record of raising student achievement; reading or math intervention experience a huge plus.
- Have at least three years instructional coaching or educational leadership experience (or similar) with a proven track record of improving education quality
- Know strong instructional practices when you see them. Whether you are watching a teacher deliver a lesson or looking at student performance data, you can identify areas where practice is effective and suggest ideas to improve immediately and in the long-term
- Familiarity and/or experience with rubric-based teacher and/or leadership observation and feedback processes
- Familiarity and/or experience with data-driven decision making on a classroom, school, or district level
- Ability to facilitate professional development for teachers, leaders, and other stakeholders both in-person and virtually
Specific responsibilities include:
- Conduct classroom observations and/or coaching sessions with program supervisors to measure and ensure the instructional health of our programs
- Regularly co-plan and engage in post-observation feedback sessions with supervisors and teachers
- Collect and analyze multiple forms of data to determine specific program, supervisor, and teacher needs; build supervisor capacity on how to do this process.
- Use teacher observation data and student achievement data to develop Program Improvement Plans
- Deliver training as needed to support development of new and existing program supervisors
- Partner with program supervisors to conduct teacher training; use these opportunities to “Train the Trainer” and build instructional leadership capacity
- Contribute to Regional, Territory, and National meetings, and trainings
- Contribute to company resources and training materials on company intranet, FullBloom Connect and other shared resources
Working with leaders
- Develop leadership-specific coaching plans, including goal setting and on-going growth and progress monitoring
- Partner with program leaders to plan, develop, and deliver ongoing training and coaching support for teachers and leaders
- Model best practices using coaching techniques that gradually release responsibility to increase leaders’ instructional and leadership capacity (ie. IEC and supervisor co-plan, but IEC delivers the training session as a model; IEC and supervisor co-plan and co-deliver the next session; supervisor plans and delivers the next session and receives feedback from IEC; supervisors plan and deliver remaining sessions)
- Collaborate with Lead IEC and territory leaders to develop knowledge of instruction and develop strategic plans to support instruction and improve student outcomes
- Support program start-up and other educational logistics to ensure program quality
- Complete all necessary documentation, quarterly goals, coaching plans, and other job-related tasks.
- Contribute information for centralized communications (pictures, supervisor tips, celebrations, etc.)
- Create and distribute centralized communications as needed
- Conduct ongoing calls with regional leadership teams and individuals
- Participate in IE and Academic team calls, contribute items for the agenda based on individual, team, and regional needs