Academic Supervisor (Summer School)
Position: Academic Supervisor (Virtual or In-Person)
Program: Summer Learning Experience (Formerly ELY)
The Academic Supervisor (AS) will provide instructional leadership for the Summer Learning Experience program, either for a virtual cohort or an in-person school site. The AS will oversee the instructional quality of the program and support staff in effectively implementing curriculum and supporting materials. Each Academic Supervisor will be responsible for providing ongoing professional development and support to teachers within one virtual learning cohort or one in-person school site.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Communicates with virtual teachers, parents, and students regarding program implementation
- Establishes a positive professional rapport with Summer Learning Experience staff, parents, and ONPS personnel
- Maintains a deep understanding of effective virtual instruction using SLE curriculum and materials
- Completes one virtual conference per teacher with the Academic Specialist to provide feedback on virtual classroom preparedness
- Completes three virtual drop-ins per teacher throughout the virtual ELY program
- Reports all observational data through online databases
- Assures that all teachers complete Catapult Learning instructional and operational training (may require facilitating training)
- Provides formal and informal ongoing professional development opportunities to instructional staff
- Uses data and assists teachers in the development of instructional strategies to meet the needs of all participating students
- Meets with Operations Specialist weekly to share programmatic information
- Supports Operations Specialist in ensuring operational excellence
- Plans and hosts regular cohort meetings with the Operations Specialist
- Attends and participates in daily calls
- Works alongside the management team to keep open communication and report instructional issues and concerns
All Summer Learning Experience staff members are crucial components to ensuring overall program success. Because our success is truly a team effort, each team member is held responsible for embodying our Core 4 Values – accountability, decisiveness, humility, and transparency – in all interactions with colleagues and external partners.
Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred. At least two years related supervisory experience in education. Must be able to teach all basic skills or other related areas and interact with students and administrators. This position will support a cohort of 12-15 teachers, so good time management skills are a must. Must have a deep belief that all children can learn and be comfortable in a coaching capacity. Previous Catapult Learning employees must be in good standing to qualify for this position.
NYC DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION, NONPUBLIC SCHOOLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Copy of College Diploma
- Copy of Current Resume
- Attend and complete the following online courses through the DOE
- School Violence Prevention Course
- Child Abuse Reporting Course
- Fingerprint clearance through DOE PETS system at 65 Court Street, Brooklyn, NY
Staff will not be allowed to work with students until the above is completed and verified by the DOE.