Senior Systems Engineer
Our mission at Enphase Energy is to advance a sustainable future for all.
Today, our intelligent microinverters, which turn sunlight into an affordable, safe, reliable, and scalable source of energy, work with virtually every solar panel made, and when paired with our award-winning smart battery technology, we engineer one of the industry's best-performing clean energy systems. To date, we have installed more than 36 million microinverters on more than 1.5 million homes across 130 countries.
Like our customers, our innovative teams are also worldwide, making Enphase Energy a truly global company. We are one of the fastest growing and most dynamic energy companies in the world. Nimble and acutely focused on developing ground-breaking solar energy management technology, each of our teams have a shared goal of creating a carbon-free future.
At Enphase we are also committed to diversity and inclusion. Developing cutting edge technology requires a workforce as diverse as the populations we wish to serve. We are a values-driven company that puts people and their power at the center of our shared energy future.
Join us on our mission!
We’re looking for fresh, creative engineering minds that are hands-on when it comes to working with or creating electrical / electronic systems. This includes being familiar with both electronic hardware and firmware.
As a Senior Systems Engineer, the successful candidate will be part of the systems engineering team that is responsible for defining, integrating and testing the systems behaviour for Enphase’s energy solutions.
In this role the successful candidate will:
- Participate in systems engineering functions, including:
- Create and review interface specifications, system level control architectures and designs
- Being involved with products’ design cycles to become familiar with the behaviour of new products
- Design test automation setups that can evaluate the system behaviour and allow multiple tests to be run sequentially automatically, then write data into databases
- Write test automation scripts for test automation setups
- Analyze test data and evaluate results against requirements
- Assist in systems modelling and simulation. This includes software and hardware modelling of the system behaviour.
- Assembling electrical and electronics systems that are composed of various products within the systems solution
- Generate reports and be able to present data, with the ability to report bugs or issues
- Assist with requirements management and documentation of system behaviour
- Mentor junior members of the team
- Bachelor's Degree and 5+ years experience or Master's Degree and 3+ years experience or PhD in electrical engineering, computer engineering or computer science.
- Hands-on experience with electrical and electronics systems. “Makers” are welcome.
- Good understanding of basic electrical engineering concepts, including circuit theory and power systems
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively within a team.
- Desire and passion to change the world.
Desired Experience – the following will be an advantage:
- Experience in Git, Jira and Confluence.
- Hands-on experience in electrical/electronic assembly, building wiring, mechanical assembly
- Working knowledge of EMC and compliance issues
- Working knowledge of electrical standards
- Understanding of energy storage, microgrid and renewable energy systems.
- Controlling test equipment using GPIB, TCP/IP, USB, RS232 and other communication busses.
- Hands on experience with wired and wireless communication protocols.
- Ability to develop test scrips and perform data analysis in Python.
- Ability to interact with databases for retrieving test records and writing test results.
- Occasional travel locally and internationally
- Quarterly bonuses and stock options.
- Long service leave.
- Medical insurance cover (yourself and your immediate family members).
- Annual merit reviews and increases.
- Opportunities for career growth and development.
- High tech laboratories and equipment.
- Modern facilities with onsite parking.
- Health and wellness incentives.
- Eco friendly work environment.
- Global team environment.
About the Christchurch team
The Enphase Energy New Zealand facility is in Wigram, Christchurch. We are a Research and Development Centre focused on the design and testing of our cornerstone product, the Microinverter. Enphase New Zealand has a team of around 80+ engineers and support staff. We also work closely with our Research and Development colleagues in California, Texas and Bangalore.
About Enphase Energy
Enphase Energy is a multi-national company with many global locations; sales and marketing, operations, and research and development.
All offers of employment are subject to standard background testing required by Enphase Energy.
Find out more:
Relocation and Visa requirements:
Enphase Energy is an AEWV Accredited Employer. Successful applicants for certain roles may be eligible for international or domestic relocation assistance. Offers of relocation and immigration support are dependent on the nature of each position. Further information will be available to preferred candidates.