Field Application Engineer - UK
Our mission at Enphase Energy is to advance a sustainable future for all.
Today, our intelligent microinverters, which turn sunlight into an affordable, safe, reliable, and scalable source of energy, work with virtually every solar panel made, and when paired with our award-winning smart battery technology, we engineer one of the industry's best-performing clean energy systems. To date, we have installed more than 42 million microinverters on more than 1.9 million homes across 130 countries.
Like our customers, our innovative teams are also worldwide, making Enphase Energy a truly global company. We are one of the fastest growing and most dynamic energy companies in the world. Nimble and acutely focused on developing ground-breaking solar energy management technology, each of our teams has a shared goal of creating a carbon-free future.
Do you want to help change the world? Learn more about the role:
We are seeking a Field Application Engineer based in the UK to be a member of our technical sales team responsible for pre-sales technical support, installer ramp with our new Ensemble technology and new product field deployments.
What you will be doing:
- Support the Sales Organization with Product’s Technical Expertise.
- Provide clear Customer Technical Requirements feedback to Product Management and Product Development Teams.
- Execute customer-facing Technical Product Adoption programs.
- Provide onsite and remote commissioning training and support for install partners for solar electric and energy storage systems
- Execute customer-facing New Product Introduction (NPI) field activities.
- Develop and deliver documentation such as: design guides, line diagrams, standard BOMs, technical briefs, best practices, and training.
- Engage in specialized System Designs support activities.
- Coordinate and execute field testing and feedback collection for new hardware and software.
- Close cooperation and alignment with Customer Support and Field Services to deliver a best-in-class Customer Support Experience.
Who you are and what you bring:
- Degree qualified or equivalent OR qualified/experienced electrician.
- Practical and hands-on experience and expertise with distributed solar electric, energy storage and energy management applications
- Several years working for a company developing and delivering products and system solutions.
- Several years of exposure to design, engineering, and construction of residential solar electric and energy storage systems
- Detailed understanding of PV and energy storage system performance and economic modelling
- Strong expertise, knowledge and hands-on skills troubleshooting electrical systems and data networks using tools such as multi-meters, power quality analyzers, data acquisition etc.
- Strong knowledge of local electrical and system regulatory codes for PV and energy storage installations.
- Experience in the use and implementation of inverters/converters, DC & AC systems and component interconnection methods between PV and energy storage systems and the grid including advanced grid functions.
- Ability and willingness to travel locally, domestically and at times internationally as needed.
- Experience working remotely with strong self-management and interpersonal skills and proven record of establishing and maintaining working relationships with customers, peers, and managers.
We are building teams with highly talented individual contributors and leaders who design, develop, and manufacture next-generation energy technologies. Our work environment is fast-paced, fun, and full of exciting new projects.
At Enphase we are also committed to diversity and inclusion. Developing cutting-edge technology requires a workforce as diverse as the populations we wish to serve. We are a values-driven company that puts people and their power at the centre of our shared energy future.
If you care about our planet and are passionate about creating a more sustainable future, this is the perfect time to join Enphase.