Senior Mechanical Engineer - Sustaining
We are seeking an Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our Christchurch based team, this role would ideally suit an Engineer with at least 6 years of experience in product development.
You will work in a collaborative team of Mechanical Engineers who design and develop state of the art solar power related products, as well as work on day-to-day support of released products and cost reduction projects.
- Lead the mechanical engineering product sustaining activities
- Support the sourcing, manufacturing and quality teams with mechanical expertise
- Perform part qualification and lead the testing for second-sourcing activities
- Investigate field issues, perform root cause analysis and resolve technical issues
- Maintain SKUs and BOMs in ERP system
- Complete the documentation for analysis, testing and design changes
- Provide technical leadership and provide support for junior team members’ learning and development
- Ability to think laterally and solve unique problems
- Design experience in various material forming technologies, such as: injection moulding; sheet metal; silicone/rubber moulding; diecasting
- Structured approach to root cause analysis and finding failure modes
- Good communication and documentation skills
Qualification and Previous Experience:
- Technical Degree (Bachelor or higher qualification) in Mechanical Engineering
- 6+ years experience in product development organisations
- SolidWorks 2D and 3D CAD experience
What would make you stand out?
- Experience developing electro-mechanical products
- Experience developing high-volume products (100k+ annual production)
- Experience project managing mechanical product development
- Competitive salaries and quarterly bonuses
- Long service leave
- Medical insurance cover (yourself and your immediate family members)
- Annual merit reviews and increases
- Opportunities for career growth and development
- High tech laboratories and equipment
- Modern facilities with onsite parking
- Health and wellness incentives
- Eco friendly work environment
- Global team environment
About the Christchurch team
Enphase Energy New Zealand is located in Wigram, Christchurch. We are a Research and Development Centre focused on the design and testing of our cornerstone product, the Microinverter. Enphase New Zealand has a team of around 84 engineers and support staff. We also work closely with our Research and Development colleagues in California, Texas and Bangalore.
About Enphase Energy
Enphase Energy is a multi-national company with many global locations; sales and marketing, operations, and research and development.
Find out more:
sign up to our job alerts
All successful candidates will be subject to Enphase background checks.