Our mission at Enphase Energy is to advance a sustainable future for all.
Today, our intelligent microinverters, which turn sunlight into an affordable, safe, reliable, and scalable source of energy, work with virtually every solar panel made, and when paired with our award-winning smart battery technology, we engineer one of the industry's best-performing clean energy systems. To date, we have installed more than 36 million microinverters on more than 1.5 million homes across 130 countries.
Like our customers, our innovative teams are also worldwide, making Enphase Energy a truly global company. We are one of the fastest growing and most dynamic energy companies in the world. Nimble and acutely focused on developing ground-breaking solar energy management technology, each of our teams have a shared goal of creating a carbon-free future.
At Enphase we are also committed to diversity and inclusion. Developing cutting edge technology requires a workforce as diverse as the populations we wish to serve. We are a values-driven company that puts people and their power at the center of our shared energy future.
Join us on our mission!
We are looking for a Program Manager from a software, electronics or power electronics background. If you are a dynamic, experienced Program Manager who is resolute to drive some of our Micro-Inverter projects. You will lead program management efforts between cross-functional teams – Product Management, SW/FW Engineering, HW Engineering, Manufacturing, QA team and deliver the project on-time, within budget and quality.
In this position, you will develop, manage, and drive the end-to-end execution of HW, SW/FW throughout the product development lifecycle and delivery stages. We are looking for someone who is flexible and can respond quickly, energetically, and enthusiastically to changes.
- Ensure product hardware, software and firmware requirements are clearly defined
- Break down complex software/hardware issues into simple tasks
- Develop and oversee comprehensive project plans
- Identify and handle program cross-functional dependencies between teams
- Communicate development milestones, project schedules and status updates and drive alignment across the organization and between teams
- Coordinate with teams to identify, prioritize and track risks to schedule and product quality
- Drive software / firmware factory readiness in support of hardware builds
- Coordinate multiple validation plans across teams
- Understand engineering issues and drive them to closure by bringing together key partners for decision-making
- Grasp complex technical topics and abstract key issues and risks into an actionable
- Synthesize large amounts of data into a clear story and communicate to partners and organizations at all levels
- Maintain an orientation toward teamwork and collaboration
- Provide regular program status updates and communicate escalations as needed to executive team
Who You Are:
You are a highly engaged and self-driven project professional with incredible sense of ownership with the ability to drive project with minimal supervision. You have proven experience of managing both large complex projects and programs in complex consumer electronics, or industrial power system, and/or energy management products. Able to build budgets and justify resource needs to senior management. Able to think strategically and execute methodically with the ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment. You have excellent communication (verbal and written) and collaboration skills that will enable you to earn trust at all levels and across geographies. Ability to facilitate meetings, workshops, and collaboration sessions to push execution and alignment on organizational initiatives. Recognize the importance and are proficient in executing key areas of change management.
- BTech/MTech in Engineering (Mech/Electrical/Electronics) with 5-15 years of total relevant experience
- PMP, CSM, SaFE or similar certifications preferred. MBA will be an added plus
- 5+ years of proven experience as a Program Manager in a Product company
- 5+ years of experience in delivering high quality HW and SW/FW products, consistently on-time.
- 5+ years of experience in managing power electronics projects, embedded product development projects
- Direct experience with Complex Systems, System level projects in renewable energy strongly desired
- Experience working in cost reduction projects would be added plus.
- Experience leading teams that are building and managing complex platforms that are highly reliable and scalable
- Experience using project management, task, and ticketing software; Planview, Atlassian, Jira, MS Project, or similar
- Experience using collaboration and team management applications; Microsoft Teams, Slack, SharePoint or similar
- Understanding of HW/FW/SW development processes and test validation including HW manufacturing support. Strong software development background
- Track record of shipping products and managing them through the entire product life cycle
- Understands and deals well with rapid development cycles/Agile development models
- Remain calm and flexible in times of ambiguity
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with diverse teams and interact, influence, collaborate, and negotiate effectively at all levels of management.
- Ability to find innovative ways to resolve problems, conflicts
- Serve as the point of contact between multiple internal and external teams
- Should possess excellent co-ordination skills.
- Occasional travel locally and internationally
- Quarterly bonuses and stock options.
- Long service leave.
- Medical insurance cover (yourself and your immediate family members).
- Annual merit reviews and increases.
- Opportunities for career growth and development.
- High tech laboratories and equipment.
- Modern facilities with onsite parking.
- Health and wellness incentives.
- Eco friendly work environment.
- Global team environment.
About the Christchurch team
The Enphase Energy New Zealand facility is in Wigram, Christchurch. We are a Research and Development Centre focused on the design and testing of our cornerstone product, the Microinverter. Enphase New Zealand has a team of around 80+ engineers and support staff. We also work closely with our Research and Development colleagues in California, Texas and Bangalore.
About Enphase Energy
Enphase Energy is a multi-national company with many global locations; sales and marketing, operations, and research and development.
All offers of employment are subject to standard background testing required by Enphase Energy.
Find out more:
Relocation and Visa’s requirements:
Applicants may be eligible for relocation.