Instructional Designer – Full Stack
Our mission at Enphase Energy is to advance a sustainable future for all.
Today, our intelligent microinverters, which turn sunlight into an affordable, safe, reliable, and scalable source of energy, work with virtually every solar panel made, and when paired with our award-winning smart battery technology, we engineer one of the industry's best-performing clean energy systems. To date, we have installed more than 42 million microinverters on more than 1.9 million homes across 130 countries.
Like our customers, our innovative teams are also worldwide, making Enphase Energy a truly global company. We are one of the fastest growing and most dynamic energy companies in the world. Nimble and acutely focused on developing ground-breaking solar energy management technology, each of our teams has a shared goal of creating a carbon-free future.
Do you want to help change the world?
Enphase is seeking a full stack Instructional Designer with experience in utilizing the latest learning methods to create and update effective and engaging solutions for face to face and online learning experiences.
Enphase currently supports over 30,000 online learners worldwide through the Enphase University learning platform and regularly trains industry professionals through in-person training and education events.
The Enphase Instructional Designer will be responsible for designing and developing new learning experiences and managing current solutions accessed by Enphase’s 30,000 students online learner population as well as the curriculum used by training instructors.
The position reports to Training leadership and will interact with most departments within the company while developing training on our products and processes. A major audience for the training will be installer organizations that utilize our solar installation materials to create successful and compliant installations of the products that we sell and offer via Enphase Energy.
Instructional Designer Job Responsibilities:
- Using sound instructional design principles, work with internal teams to assess and define specifications and proper rubrics for requested learning development.
- Utilize innovative design and development methods to create effective and engaging structured learning interactions
- Project manage the execution of training deliverables
- Develop an appropriate rubric for measure-able learning evaluation
- Implement a strategy for effective content management
- Develop and design courses and curriculum for system installers and designers, to deploy in the Enphase University platform and on Enphase’s other on-demand training delivery engines
- Edits and develops online learning materials
- Creates learning experiences and environments for technical training
- Designs learning activities, assignments, and assessments based on the learning curriculum for end users
- Collaborates with subject experts and fellow training organizations to develop course content
- Analyzes, updates, and refines existing online content
- Keeps current on best practices in instructional design
- Writes scripts for video and audio content
- Coordinates localization and language translation for end users in a variety of projects with third-party services, including voiceover where needed
- Works with technical staff to troubleshoot problems reported by users on course content developed
Instructional Designer Qualifications/Skills:
- Remote Worker with the ability to perform with little management to key deliverables
- Knowledge of instructional theory, including assessment
- Proficiency with learning management systems (LMS)
- Understanding of website design best practices
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Experience with design platforms, such as Camtasia and Storyline
- Familiarity with course management systems, such as Moodle
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to effectively convey technical information to non-technical colleagues and clients
- Solar experience is a must, and a qualifier for the role.
- Complete understanding and demonstration of solar installation procedures and best practices for industry standards for installation
- Solar installation experience and battery commissioning, is required for 5 years + experience
Critical thinking skills:
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple simultaneous deadlines
- Education, Experience & Licensing Requirements:
- BS, MS, or higher degree in instructional design, education, or related experience
- Previous experience in instructional design
- Experience with development tools preferred - (Adobe tools - Captivate, Articulate, Premier, illustrator, photoshop) Camtasia, Storyline, H5P, SCORM
- Industry Solar and Storage experience a plus
- Teaching or administrator’s license a plus
Salary range: $70,000 - $95,000 per year