Excellent Medical Assistant Opportunity - Morganton, NC
RDMG is an organization comprised of several highly esteemed practices in North Carolina & provides the highest quality care to patients of all ages. One of our practices, Solid Rock Family Medicine, is seeking candidates that display excellent teamwork, accountability and will successfully function within a high performing organization for a Certified Medical Assistant opportunity.
This position works collaboratively within the clinical department and with the total practice to provide timely, proficient services for all patients by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as a representative of the patient’s medical home team.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records electronically
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, medication storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- Ensures operation of equipment by following manufacturer’s instructions; performs routine maintenance and acts as liaison with the company.
- Maintains patient charting, testing and flow sheets with accurate knowledge of medical terminology.
- Covers weekends and holidays per schedule guidelines.
- Works directly with patients and medical professionals and is actively involved in the delivery of patient care. Obtains vital signs per protocol and performs routine tests and screenings for well and sick patients.
- Comforts patients and parents by anticipating anxieties; answers questions as permitted.
- Collects lab samples and performs tests as needed.
- Participates in pre-visit planning for patient visits.
- Accepts/makes phone calls regarding parent questions and triage situations.
- Available to respond in an emergency situation to provide care to patients.
- Delivers quality care by adhering to therapeutic standards; follows physician practice and nursing division philosophies, as well as standards of care set by the state and other governing agency regulations.
Education and/or Experience: Medical assistants should have 1+ years of related experience. Phlebotomy experience required! Must have knowledge of medical terminology and electronic medical records.