Medical Assistant - Asheville, NC
Well established Family Practice in Asheville, NC has exciting new opportunity for the right person! We are seeking a new Medical Assistant to join our team. Successful candidates will display excellent teamwork, accountability and will excel in a high performing organization.
This position works collaboratively within the clinical department and with the total practice to provide timely, proficient services for all patients by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as a representative of the patient’s medical team
- Works directly with patients and medical professionals and is actively involved in the delivery of patient care
- Obtain vital signs per protocol and perform routine tests and screenings for well and sick patients
- Comfort patients and their family by anticipating anxieties; answer questions as permitted
- Collect lab samples and perform tests as needed
- Participates in pre-visit planning for patient visits
- Accept/make phone calls regarding triage situations
- Available to respond in an emergency situation to provide care to patients
- Deliver quality care by adhering to therapeutic standards; follows physician practice and nursing division philosophies, as well as standards of care set by the state and other governing agency regulations
- Documents patient care services by electronically charting in patient and department records
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, medication storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations
- Ensures operation of equipment by following manufacturer’s instructions
- Covers weekends and holidays per schedule guidelines
Education and/or Experience:
Applicants should have 1+ years of related experience in a healthcare facility. Family medicine experience a plus! Must have knowledge of medical terminology and electronic medical charting.
Contact Us Today! Apply online and our recruiter will be in touch to discuss next steps!