Medical Front Office (Phone Triage)
Horizon Family Medicine is a division of the Raleigh-Durham Medical Group (RDMG) which is an organization comprised of several highly esteemed practices in the Raleigh & surrounding areas & provides the highest quality care to patients of all ages.
Under general direction, the call center representative is responsible for scheduling office visits and responding to incoming calls from patients and outside providers.
Specific Job Description:
- Respond to inbound calls from patients for appointments with providers
- Triage inbound calls and messages from patients to appropriate locations
- Coordinates with clinical departments on schedule modifications.
- Responsible for obtaining complete and accurate clinical, demographic and financial information during the scheduling process.
- Creates/enters data in scheduling system or other applications.
- Maintains positive customer service at all times, referring unresolved issues to appropriate supervisor.
- Escalate non-routine issues to the practice manager or supervisor
- Perform other duties as assigned by the practice manager or supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Advanced typing skills
- Demonstrated working knowledge of software/system/equipment.
- Ability to receive and express detailed information through oral and written communications
- Previous medical insurance knowledge preferred
- Builds and maintains collaborative relationships with both internal and external Clients that lead to more effective communication and a higher level of productivity and accuracy.
- This position requires high-level problem solving and analytical skills, technical accuracy, excellent communication skills and the highest ethical standards.
Education / Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 1+ years administrative experience in medical facility, health insurance, or related area.
- 1+ years in Patient Access/Scheduling preferred.
- Some college coursework or course in Medical Terminology a plus!