Medical Assistant - No Nights/No Weekends - Charlotte, NC
Join an independent physician practice in Charlotte, North Carolina! Dr. Larry Berman is searching for an experienced medical assistant to join our staff. We are certified as a Level III Patient Centered-Medical Home, and a BCBS NC Blue Quality Physician Program practice.
Our services include, but are not limited to: on-site laboratory, ultrasounds, nuclear stress tests, mammograms, travel vaccinations, and allergy testing/shots. Additionally, we offer same-day appointments to better care for our patients.
We are currently seeking a full time, experienced Certified Medical Assistant (CMA/RMA). This individual will assist the physician and clinical staff with examination and treatments of patients. Phlebotomy skills/experience preferred.
Previous experience is not required but the following is favorable:
- Experience in an Internal Medicine or Primary Care practice
- A working knowledge of EMR
- A strong knowledge of medical assistant duties to include injections (adult and pediatric), assisting with procedures, EKG's and blood draws, vaccines, etc.
- Certification through accredited organization (AAMA, NHA, AMT, etc.)
- Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self and others and supports patient safety initiatives
- Triage calls from patients to determine medical emergencies, plan of care, refill meds, etc.
- Prepares patients and assists physician in assessment and examinations of patient including assessment of patient safety needs
- Assist physician in performance of diagnostic procedures, treatments, administers medications and performs related tasks as directed
- Documents entries into medical record according to established policies and procedures
- Performs disinfecting procedures
- Cleans and maintains exam rooms and other assigned areas
- Other related job duties as assigned
Interested? Apply now!