Medical Records Clerk - Knoxville, TN
StatCare is one of the largest privately held Hospitalist and Pulmonary Services groups in the nation serving Knoxville area hospitals and outpatient clinics. We are seeking a well-qualified Medical Records Clerk to join our team in Knoxville, Tennessee.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Gather and process patient information, build medical files, file medical records and charts properly.
1. Skills in data entry and EMR programs
2. Gather patient demographic and personal information
3. Distribute medical charts to the appropriate departments
4. Maintain quality and accurate records
5. Ensure patient charts, paperwork, and reports are completed in an accurate and timely manner
6. Make sure all medical records are protected and kept confidential
7. Completes clerical duties including answering phone and responding to emails
8. Knowledge of medical terminology
9. Knowledge of basic spelling, grammar, and punctuation to process patient information
10. Ability to work effectively with physicians, patients, staff and the public
11. Ability to establish priorities and coordinate work activities
12. Understand, support, enforce and comply with company policies, procedures and Standards of Business Ethics and Conduct.
13. Pays strong attention to detail
14. Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
High School Diploma or GED required.
Prefer two years of experience in a Medical Records setting.