Knoxville, TN - Outpatient Nurse Needed-StatCare
StatCare is one of the largest privately held Hospitalist and Pulmonary Services groups in the nation located in Knoxville, Tennessee. We are currently seeking a well qualified RN or LPN to join our Physician owned outpatient practices.
General Summary of Duties
To perform routine technical nursing duties and assist with other related duties involved in providing patient care in a local public health program. Duties may include explaining programs offered by the department to individuals. The activities of the vocational nurse are based on his or her educational preparation and experience. Frequent daily travel may be required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include but not limited to):
- Interviews patients or relatives to obtain appropriate health history and/or immunization status.
- Performs screening tests for which he or she has been prepared by education and experience.
- Maintains records and prepare oral reports.
- Contributes to the attainment of the goals of the unit by using contacts with individuals and community relationships to contribute to better public understanding of health services.
- Prepares, administers, and records immunizations and drugs as agency policies permit.
- Takes vital signs and measurements (i.e., height/length and weight).
- Assembles materials and equipment in preparation for clinic sessions and maintain adequate supplies.
- Cleans and maintains clinic equipment and disposes of used supplies correctly.
- Administers injections according to agency policy.
- Assist with medical records/charts for multiple locations.
- Assist the physician with minor office procedures.
- Additional duties as assigned by physician or practice manager.
JOB REQUIREMENTS (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Knowledge and ability to perform nursing procedures for which the vocational nursing course has provided the necessary degree of skill and judgment; performance shall be limited to those acts for which he or she has been prepared.
- Knowledge of accepted procedures for disposing of used supplies.
- Ability to observe the general physical condition of patients to detect signs of abnormalities.
- Ability to record observations completely, accurately, legibly, and concisely.
- Ability to communicate effectively in person and over telephone.
- Ability to exercise tact, initiative, and good judgment in dealing with people.
- Ability to accept and use supervision.
- Physical condition sufficient to permit the full performance of the duties of the position.
- RN or LPN licensed in Tennessee.
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
- Involves standing and walking.
- Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports.
- Requires occasional lifting and supporting patients of any weight.
- Requires exposure to bodily fluids.
WORKING CONDITIONS (environment and safety):
- General clinical environment with frequent exposure to chemicals, blood borne pathogens, and patient body fluids.
- Environment is climate controlled.
- Involves frequent contact with clinical staff and patients
- Work may be stressful at times
- Interaction with others is frequent and often disruptive
disclaimer: The above job description has been written to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not written to be inclusive of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Contact Us Today!
Call Allison Haley at 214-642-5311 or reply with an updated copy of your CV and availability for a call.