Excellent Certified Medical Assistant Opportunity - Raleigh, NC
Join a progressive medical group in Raleigh, NC! Heritage Urgent & Primary Care is searching for an experienced medical assistant to join our staff. We see patients of all ages, providing both routine primary care and urgent care services, including lab and x-ray in a convenient, upscale, friendly environment.
We are currently seeking a full time, experienced Certified Medical Assistant (CMA/RMA). This individual will assist the physician and clinical staff with examination and treatments of patients. Phlebotomy skills/experience preferred.
- At least 1+ years of experience, preferrably in an urgent care, family medical, or pediatrics practice
- A strong knowledge of EMR
- A strong knowledge of medical assistant duties to include injections (adult and pediatric), assisting with procedures, EKG's and blood draws, vaccines, etc.
- Certification through accredited organization (AAMA, NHA, AMT, etc.)
- Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self and others and supports patient safety initiatives
- Triage calls from patients to determine medical emergencies, plan of care, refill meds, etc.
- Prepares patients and assists physician in assessment and examinations of patient including assessment of patient safety needs
- Assist physician in performance of diagnostic procedures, treatments, administers medications and performs related tasks as directed
- Documents entries into medical record according to established policies and procedures
- Performs disinfecting procedures
- Cleans and maintains exam rooms and other assigned areas
- Other related job duties as assigned
Interested? Apply now!