Clinical Nurse Supervisor-StatCare in Knoxville, TN
StatCare, a large Pulmonary & Critical Care Physician owned Practice, is seeking a Clinical Nurse Supervisor to provide leadership in our Outpatient Clinics in Knoxville, TN.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: The Clinical Nurse Supervisor position provides oversight over our outpatient centers dealing with clinical and operational efficiencies within out outpatient Pulmonary/Critical Care practice in Knoxville, TN. In addition to leadership responsibilities this person provides expert professional nursing care on an as needed basis.
DIRECT REPORT: The reports directly to the Nurse Supervisor and Director of Outpatient Services and Clinical leaders.
DUTIES: (List does not include all duties assigned.)
- Administer nursing care as needed to support the team when/where needed. Needs to understand high complexity patients.
- Accomplishes nursing human resource objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching Clinical staff; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions, and employee corrective action; adhering to policies and procedures.
- Maintains nursing guidelines by advising and updating policies and procedures.
- Assures quality of care by developing and interpreting Clinic and nursing’s philosophies and standards of care; enforcing adherence to state board of nursing and state nurse practice act requirements and to other governing agency regulations; measuring health outcomes against standards; making or recommending adjustments
- Establishes a compassionate environment by providing support to staff, patients, families, and other visitors.
- Ensure service and operation of equipment needed in clinics.
- Maintains nursing supplies inventory by studying usage reports; identifying trends; anticipating needed supplies.
- Communicating information; responding to requests; building rapport; participating in team problem-solving methods.
- Address conflicts as they may arise. Assists/mediates to maintain smooth operations of the clinic.
- Create an effective, efficient, productive, and welcoming work environment for team members
EDUCATION; Minimum Associates RN degree with 3 + years Critical Care/ICU/ED experience.