Medical Records Office Coordinator - Dermatology Office
Associates in Dermatology, PLLC (AID) is an organization comprised of several highly esteemed dermatologists in the Louisville area who have combined resources in order to provide the highest quality care to our patients and treat a variety of skins conditions.
We are seeking bilingual candidates that display excellent teamwork, accountability and will successfully function within a high performing organization to join our team. You will process, scan, and file records and charts properly, assist with collecting and distributing release of information forms, and help with other clerical duties as needed. Interpreter duties include in person and tele interpreting for Spanish speaking patients.
1. Skills in data entry and EMR programs.
2. Advanced telephone, computer and multitasking skills when working with inbound and outbound calls.
3. Must exhibit, demonstrate and maintain outstanding customer service skills
4. Completes all other assigned tasks to ensure efficient department function and workflow.
5. Escalates any billing/coding issues to billing team as appropriate.
6. Accurate understanding and application of client manual information to daily assignments.
7. Maintain acceptable levels of attendance and punctuality as specified in company and departmental policies.
8. Meet routine deadlines and work schedules as well as timely and accurate completion of special projects and any other duties as assigned.
9. Understand, support, enforce and comply with company policies, procedures and Standards of Business Ethics and Conduct.
10. Display a positive attitude as well as professional, polite, considerate and courteous conduct and treatment of others in the course of duties.
11. Fluent in Spanish.
12. Monitors all aspects of the patient record to ensure the timely request of information.
13. Prepares mail for distribution.
14. Understands the regulations and standards related to job scope.
15. Responds promptly to customer needs.
16. Provides clerical support functions including filing, retrieval of data, and answering questions.
17. Communicates with staff regarding requests for patient record information.
18. Completes external documentation request
Medical Records will report directly to the Front Desk Operations Manager.
Must possess a high school diploma or GED.
Must have worked 1 year experience (preferable in dermatology) within medical records setting or equivalent .
Must be fluent in Spanish, translating certification a plus.
Must be able to work independently and to maintain mental focus for long periods of time.
Must possess strong English oral and written communication skills in order to communicate effectively with other medical staff and management. Eyesight must be sufficient to be able to read medical charts and computer monitors. Must possess manual dexterity sufficient to utilize reference materials and to manipulate pages in Medical Chart and to type on keyboards.
Typical conditions of office environment. During initial phases of training, stress levels may exceed normal levels as new skills are learned and new information is assimilated