Medical Assistant - Dermatology Tech - MOHS
Associates in Dermatology, PLLC (AID) is an organization comprised of several highly esteemed dermatologists in the Louisville area who have combined resources in order to provide the highest quality care to our patients and treat a variety of skins conditions.
We are seeking Medical Assistant candidates that display excellent teamwork, accountability and will successfully function within a high performing organization to join our team.
Position Summary: The medical assistant is primarily responsible for assisting the medical provider with patient care.
Essential Functions Summary: Responsible for assisting the physician with patient care including taking vital signs, obtaining history and chief complaint; assisting with biopsies and select surgery procedures. Other responsibilities include patient education on treatment plans and medication, patient phone calls, assisting in surgery, nursing procedures, such as suture removal, dressing changes, and completion of pathology and lab requisition documents.
Position requirements / duties:
- Advanced skills in data entry and EMR programs
- Advance experience with IPads
- Excellent communication skills
- Good understanding of skin anatomy
- Good problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work as a team member
- Demonstrate skills in administration of topical and local anesthetics
- Develop a clear understanding of regulations for HIPAA, OSHA, CLIA
- Well-organized with attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Empathetic with patient needs and concerns
- Ability to work well with physicians, anticipating their needs in regard to patient treatment
Medical Assistants reports to the MOHs Supervisor
Must possess a high school diploma or GED.
Must complete an accredited medical assisting program, dermatology technician program, or nursing program.
Must possess strong English oral and written communication skills in order to communicate effectively with other medical staff and management. Eyesight must be sufficient to be able to read medical charts and computer monitors. Must possess manual dexterity sufficient to utilize reference materials and to manipulate pages in Medical Chart and to type on keyboards.
Typical conditions of office environment. During initial phases of training, stress levels may exceed normal levels as new skills are learned and new information is assimilated.