Investment Research Sales Manager
Envestnet is seeking a passionate and talented Investment Research Sales Manager to join our Sales team.
Envestnet, Inc. (NYSE: ENV) is transforming the way financial advice and wellness are delivered. Our mission is to empower advisors and financial service providers with innovative technology, solutions, and intelligence to make financial wellness a reality for everyone.
Since our founding 20 years ago, we are fully vested in helping people live an intelligent financial life. If you love the idea of working in a Fintech company with the environment and excitement of a start-up where you are making everyday impact - then read on.
The Investment Research Sales Manager will be responsible to sell Research Products into Investment Research firms (buy-side). They will uncover opportunities that will drive new revenue for Envestnet Data & Analytics products that range from data feeds to KPI-based insights and Dashboards into the broader buy-side investment research community. This role is responsible for identifying key decision makers within a financial organization and selling analytics solutions for investment research cases while helping prospective clients understand the value proposition of adopting Envestnet’s Data & Analytics solutions.
- Drive new revenue through the following means: an understanding of Data & Analytics solutions, it’s use and examples of its applications; make calls and prospect new business; build a pipeline of prospects; sign new clients and close deals
- Run data trials with prospects and work through the sales process.
- Work with internal Solutions teams and product teams to get a successful data trial.
- Work with legal and finance teams get the Data License Agreements drafted, reviewed and executed by the prospect
- Adherence to and application of Envestnet legal, compliance, risk, business continuity and administrative policy within the role and department(s) including the timely completion of training & awareness, affirmations and testing as requested.
- As part of the responsibilities for this role, you will understand and readily support Envestnet's established corporate business practices, policies, internal controls and procedures designed to create value or minimize risk.
- 3-5 years’ experience selling data or research products into the buy-side Investment Research community
- BS in Economics, Finance or related fields.
- Knowledge of “alternative data” and it’s applicability in investment research
- Ability to prospect and identify sales opportunities
Persistence and strong negotiation skills
Connections with Investment Managers, Research Departments, Directors of Research
- Ability to understand use cases around Envestnet Data & Analytics data solutions
- Doing product demos and explaining use cases using Envestnet Data & Analytics data in real-world scenarios
- Experience negotiating commercial terms, use cases and navigating through Data Trial and License Agreements
Envestnet is a leading independent provider of technology‐enabled investment and practice management solutions to financial advisors who are independent, as well as those who are associated with small or mid‐sized financial advisory firms and larger financial institutions. Envestnet's technology is focused on addressing financial advisors' front, middle, and back‐office needs while leveraging our platform to grow their businesses and expand client relationships.
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package as well as the excitement, challenges, and rewards of a fast-growing, entrepreneurial company.
Why Choose Envestnet:
- Be a member of a leading financial services and products innovation company
- Competitive Compensation/Total Reward Packages that include:
- Health Benefits (Health/Dental/Vision)
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
- 401K – Company Match
- Annual Bonus Incentives
- Parental Stipend
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student Debt Program
- Charitable match
- Wellness Program
- Work on global projects with diverse, energetic, team members who respect each other and celebrate differences
- The best work locations with unlimited snacks!
The annual base salary range for this position is $66,000 to $150,000.
Envestnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.