Lead Implementation Project Manager
Envestnet, Inc. (NYSE:ENV) is a leading independent provider of technology-enabled investment and practice management solutions to financial advisors who are independent, as well as those who are associated with small or mid-sized financial advisory firms and larger financial institutions. Envestnet's technology is focused on addressing financial advisors' front-, middle- and back-office needs. Envestnet is headquartered in Chicago.
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package as well as the excitement, challenges, and rewards of a fast-growing, entrepreneurial company.
The Lead Implementation Project Manager role involves start-to-finish support of projects to ensure timely delivery of a proprietary technology platform or other corporate goals. The Lead Implementation Project Manager will be responsible for the overall success of the assigned projects. The candidate will support the implementation of project methodology with minimal direct supervision.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead project meetings to communicate project status, track updates on open items, and prepare meeting minutes for distribution.
- Capable of independently owning project delivery and directing a project team to execution with minimal oversight.
- Manage project risk by escalating as appropriate to peers, management, or leadership.
- Capable of managing multiple workstreams concurrently.
- Achieve project objectives by effectively managing schedule, scope, quality, risk and project resources of assigned projects.
- Primary point of contact and escalation point for the client and Envestnet throughout project life cycle.
- Clearly communicate project objectives and expectations across varying levels of the organization, and externally.
- Identify and track project milestones and health to ensure phase/critical path deadlines are met.
- Become proficient in all aspects of Envestnet’s project processes and product offerings in order to competently address client questions and concerns.
- Provide thought leadership in continuing development of project management process and client experience.
- Solves problems; ability to take a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information.
- Promote and foster professional working relationships within the Envestnet organization and with external partners, vendors and clients.
- Partner with Envestnet stakeholders and clients to ensure a successful transition to production.
- Participate in weekly and other departmental / team meetings to review projects, discuss best practices & provide input on improving project management processes.
- Develop and expand knowledge of Envestnet’s proprietary platform (UMP) by participating in formal and informal training and partnering with other PMO and Envestnet department members.
- Continue to expand industry knowledge and project management skills to increase effectiveness and improve client experience.
- As part of the responsibilities for this role, you will understand and readily support Envestnet’s established corporate business practices, policies, internal controls and procedures designed to create value or minimize risk.
- Facilitate change management processes.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Minimum three (3) years of financial industry required.
- Minimum four (4) years of experience in a project management role preferred.
- PMP Certification is a plus.
- Effective analysis, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Expert with Microsoft Suite of products, prior experience with project management software. Prior experience with Mavenlink is a plus.
- Must be able to communicate with others in a concise, prescriptive, persuasive and professional manner.
- Experience working with external clients.
- Must be flexible, well organized, and assertive in order to complete multiple tasks and meet the changing demands placed on his/her time.
- Must be capable of gathering information from various sources to assist in critical decision making using highly developed reasoning and good judgment.
- Demonstrates the ability to work under pressure.
- Must be creative and work well as a member of a team to drive decision making.
- Must demonstrate professionalism and diplomacy and be able to work with a diverse workforce and a variety of personalities.
- Performs under minimal supervision and can work independently.
Envestnet offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, flexible hours/paid time off, and excellent health/dental/vision insurance. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Envestnet is an equal opportunity employer.