Sr. Platform Engineer - Platform SRE
Envestnet refers to the family of operating subsidiaries of the public holding company, Envestnet, Inc. (NYSE: ENV). Envestnet is a leading independent provider of technology‐enabled investment and practice management solutions to financial advisors who are independent, as well as those who are associated with small or mid‐sized financial advisory firms and larger financial institutions. Envestnet's technology is focused on addressing financial advisors' front, middle, and back‐office needs. Envestnet is headquartered in Chicago.
Envestnet Wealth is seeking a talented and passionate Senior Platform Engineer - Platform SRE to join the Operations / Data Utility team.
If you love the idea of working in a Fintech company with the environment and excitement of a start-up where you are making everyday impact - then read on.
As a Sr. Platform Engineer – Platform SRE you will be part of a team responsible for designing, building, and maintaining a cloud platform that will scale across the enterprise and align teams to common CI/CD standards and best practices. You will be responsible for enabling fast flow, feedback, and continuous learning. You will help define our target state by designing, developing, implementing, documenting, and testing CI/CD and APIs that drive automation orchestration in coordination with other teams.
Sr. Platform Engineer – Platform SRE Responsibilities
- Drive and design cloud automation and deployment architectures to solve business problems independently and in collaboration with other architects and engineers.
- Deliver robust APIs to support cloud platform functionality. Design, develop, implement, document, and test.
- Define standards and best practices for CI/CD processes and solutions developed on the cloud platform.
- Provide engineering and SRE support to teams new to CI/CD or cloud automation to help accelerate development efforts in any stage
- Oversee CI/CD systems and underlying infrastructure, including scaling stage and production environments, as users and data loads grow
- Develop POCs to prove out CI/CD and cloud architectures prior to production development
- 8+ years of extensive CI/CD and automation experience
- 5+ years of extensive API development
- Deep experience with CI/CD tools, in particular GitLab
- Deep experience with Infrastructure as Code and automation software (e.g. Terraform, CloudFormation, Chef, Ansible, Salt)
- Deep experience with logging and monitoring (e.g. New Relic, Splunk, Sensu, Prometheus)
- Experience with AWS resources such as CloudFormation, EKS, EC2, S3, IAM, Lambda, Infrastructure scripting, deployment of VPCs, Subnets, NACL, Route53, Kinesis, Serverless Technologies, etc.
- Experience with Kuberenetes (service mesh such as Istio as plus)
- Experience with secret management solutions
- Experience with an Golang or an OOP language
- Be a member of a leading financial services and products innovation company
- Competitive Compensation/Total Reward Packages that include:
- Health Benefits (Health/Dental/Vision)
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
- 401K – Company Match
- Annual Bonus Incentive
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Working on global projects with team members all over the world!
- Opportunity to work with top tiered clients, global 500 companies and startups
- Work with diverse, energetic, team members who respect each other and celebrate differences
- The best work location with unlimited snacks!
Envestnet is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.