Business Development Associate
Envestnet is seeking a passionate and talented Business Development Associate to join our Sales team. This position is a remote role.
Envestnet is transforming the way financial advice and wellness are delivered. Our mission is to empower advisors and financial service providers with innovative technology, solutions, and intelligence to make financial wellness a reality for everyone.
Since our founding 20 years ago, we are fully vested in helping people live an intelligent financial life. If you love the idea of working in a Fintech company with the environment and excitement of a start-up where you are making everyday impact - then read on.
The Business Development Associate is responsible for increasing revenue and goals related to the distribution of BillFin by Envestnet’s Financial Advisory products and services.
Reporting to the Managing Director of BillFin, the Business Development Associate is responsible for sales and marketing activities, and ensuring those activities are consistent with the overall business plan of the firm.
- Effectively managing the sales process from lead-generation to contract signing.
- Conveying a positive and clear image of Envestnet to the general financial services market.
- Developing strong market penetration strategies.
- Building a pipeline of qualified sales leads through an appropriate combination of attendance at industry events and conferences, networking, marketing campaigns and direct mail/email and inside sales calls.
- Work with the Management team to identify and remove obstacles that arise in the sales process.
- Understand prospects’ and clients’ businesses and relate Envestnet’s products and solutions to those businesses.
- Work to populate and maintain direct marketing mail/email distribution lists.
- Generate new sales leads and partnership opportunities.
- Track activities in the company’s sales management database (HubSpot).
- Prepare for and conduct basic product demos to sales prospects.
- Contribute to the annual sales plans and provide weekly and monthly updates, including forecasts of sales revenue via a pipeline report.
- Travel, as required, to attend conferences, attend product demonstrations and arrange other meetings.
- Schedule, organize and prepare the BillFin team for online product demonstrations.
- Schedule, organize and lead conference calls, as needed, with representatives of the Management team and, possibly, the Product and Delivery teams.
- Develop a high level of product and industry expertise.
- Actively build and maintain relationships with prospects.
- Nurture small, mid, large and complex prospects that have 2-day to 2-month sales cycles.
- Close small and mid-sized opportunities.
- Transition large and complex Enterprise BillFin deals to the BillFin Sales Manager
- Adherence to and application of Envestnet legal, compliance, risk, business continuity and administrative policy within the role and department(s) including the timely completion of training & awareness, affirmations and testing as requested.
- As part of the responsibilities for this role, you will understand and readily support Envestnet's established corporate business practices, policies, internal controls and procedures designed to create value or minimize risk.
- A. or B.S. degree from an accredited institution of higher education, or the equivalent experience.
- 1-2 years’ experience in the technology/financial software and/or services industry with a proven track record of sales success.
- A hunter mentality with a high level of motivation.
- Flexible schedule with the ability to travel at least 10% initially, within the assigned territory.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills – especially phone call articulation.
- Business ethics and integrity.
- Ability to develop talent, communicate effectively and produce results.
- Business management skills.
- Planning and execution skills.
- Flexibility and interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office product suite
Envestnet is a leading independent provider of technology‐enabled investment and practice management solutions to financial advisors who are independent, as well as those who are associated with small or mid‐sized financial advisory firms and larger financial institutions. Envestnet's technology is focused on addressing financial advisors' front, middle, and back‐office needs while leveraging our platform to grow their businesses and expand client relationships.
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package as well as the excitement, challenges, and rewards of a fast-growing, entrepreneurial company.
Why Choose Envestnet:
- Be a member of a leading financial services and products innovation company
- Competitive Compensation/Total Reward Packages that include:
- Health Benefits (Health/Dental/Vision)
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
- 401K – Company Match
- Annual Bonus Incentives
- Parental Stipend
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student Debt Program
- Charitable match
- Wellness Program
- Work on global projects with diverse, energetic, team members who respect each other and celebrate differences
- The best work locations with unlimited snacks!
The annual base salary range for this position is $51,000 to $65,000.
Envestnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Envestnet refers to the family of operating subsidiaries of the public holding company, Envestnet, Inc. (NYSE: ENV).