Principal Engineer - QA Automation
- You will drive process change, innovation, code quality improvements and tools to enable rapid suite development, with a goal of rolling-out suites with zero scripts issues when these suites are executed across environments and used for release GO-No GO decision making.
- You will be responsible for setting up vision and strategy and plan to execute the strategy. You will be creating and executing metrics driven plan to improve the code quality by setting up the appropriate processes, development practices and applying proper tools that helps to detect code quality issues using shift left strategy.
- You will advise Senior Management on the quality and risk aspects, proactively work in finding out of the box ways to mitigate risks as you work and collaborate actively with cross-functional teams including Product Management, Program Management, S.M.E Testing Teams, QA Devops, Professional Service and Customer Service teams with a goal of rolling out these suites and ensuring active adoption across the company.
- This position would be reporting to the Senior Manager of Automation Center of Excellence.
- 10 to 12 years
- Ability to drive the building of a strong full stack automation development team through training and mentoring
- Must be comfortable presenting and speaking to large groups of people and Senior Leadership team.
- Come up with detailed project plan for rolling out diverse automation suites and track them to closure
- Perform code review of scripts to ensure compliance to all set guidelines and the exit criteria
- A consensus builder with a leadership mentality who is able to work with people across locations and different skills/backgrounds with a goal of delivering quality deliverables on time in spite of challenges and roadblocks
- Communicate and adapt presentations to a wide range of audiences regarding goals, planning process, project initiatives, team innovation and results.
- Implement, gather and report team/project metrics to track business value
- Accountable for the quality of the deliverables released to production.
- Act decisively and remove impediments for the automation team by collaborating with all the horizontal teams.
- Partner with multiple stakeholders to complete overall test engineering initiatives and resolve impediments
- Technical hands-on in automating large-scale applications with object-oriented JAVA
- Proven track record of engineering excellence and improving organization efficiency.
- Experience with static analysis and code coverage tools.
- Experience leading a test engineering team in an agile and dynamic environment
- Very Strong knowledge and hands on experience on Java and Data structures.
- Technical hands-on experience in building and enhancing resilient UI and API centric automation that are used for release GO-NOGO decision making
- Hands on experience in TDD, Object-Oriented design, Structured Programming, Continuous Integration.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of software quality assurance, modern testing processes and methodologies.
- Technical hands-on experience in developing Automation Frameworks and Automation Strategy
- Technical hands-on experience in Web/Mobile and Web-services automation using latest open source/vendor automation frameworks such as SOAPUI/Rest Assured/Selenium/Appium as well as commercial automation tools such as UFT, Katalon, SeeTest, Protractor etc.
- Deep understanding of design patterns and design principles
- Excellent knowledge on QA Automation; Both Frontend UI automation (Selenium), Backend Rest API automation frameworks e.g. Postman, Soap UI, REST-assured
- Knowledge of design principles, fundamentals of architecture, quality processes and estimation techniques
- Experience with evaluation of open-source/licensed tools, framework and develop POC
- Experience working with TestNG, Maven, Jenkins, GIT, JIRA and related tools
- Experience in code optimization to make test suite stable and reliable
- Excellent Analytical and solution designing capabilities. Should possess excellent debugging skills to find out reasons behind failure of test cases, inefficient code, memory leakages etc and improve code quality.
- Good understanding of Database concepts and working knowledge with Oracle, PLSQL, MongoDB and Postgres
- Strong experience in Web/Mobile and Web-services automation using latest open source/vendor automation frameworks such as SOAPUI/Rest Assured/Selenium/Appium/BrowserStack/SauceLabs
- Experience developing automation solutions for applications in Cloud
- Experience in integrating automation as part of CI/CD pipeline
- Experience in unit test suite development