Head of Engineering, EDI
The mission for the Head of EDI Engineering is to deliver operationally and high-quality technology solutions for EDI to deliver on its overall strategic mission. This role requires a highly influential and collaborative leader who has a strong track record in building and propelling teams to deliver innovative and resilient platforms. The Envestnet Data Intelligence (EDI) team is working to deliver a larger data strategy that will allow us to be the power behind advisors, fintechs, banks and enterprises – fueling a new kind of relationship with clients and providing a deeper level of insight. The vision for EDI is to transform Envestnet data from an Aggregation to an Intelligence then Platform business.
You will have –
- Delivery focus with a strong track record of executing a combination of quick MVPs alongside longer-term strategic programs.
- Excellent people leadership and people development skills, with the ability to structure and build high-performing teams.
- Thought leadership and innovative mindset to bring ideas and direction to help advance the EDI agenda.
- Strategic vision and ability to lead the team to deliver on that vision.
- Strong technical acumen and ability to drive application engineering, data engineering, and architecture teams.
- Deep focus on operational excellence and quality.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills.
- Program management experience.
- Experience with data intelligence platforms and AWS implementations.
- High level of financial acumen and ability to articulate business value.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in technology, consulting, or a related field.
What are your performance objectives –
- Own the strategic vision for EDI Engineering that aligns with the overall EDI vision and delivers on both short-term and long-term business priorities.
- Own a practical roadmap and execution plan to realize the vision, drive the teams to execute and deliver to plan.
- Develop and manage a team of highly skilled technologist, recruit new talent and grow existing to make EDI Engineering a destination. Ensure structural alignment of the team is relevant to the business and delivers efficiently, with quality and operational excellence.
- Understand the business and business priorities to drive development of solutions that are in alignment. Contribute ideas that will help advance the business.
- Work with a broad range of teams within the EDI space, as well as across Envestnet to delivery on business objectives and roadmaps.
- Be willing and able to roll up your sleeves and help design solutions, triage issues, perform reviews, and establish process.
- Stay abreast of industry trends, testing new concepts and technologies as appropriate.
- Be a thought-leader who can work with various constituents to test thinking and direction.
What’s in it for you? (EVP – Employee Value Proposition) –
- Opportunity to be part of a fast-growing SaaS and Financial Services/Fintech ecosystem with a path for development and growth managing cross-functional initiatives and driving efficiency across teams and the organization.
- Opportunity to oversee development and day-to-day activities of a growing team of professionals while representing the broader Technology/Engineering Team.
- Daily exposure to management team members in order to partner with, and coordinate efforts, which will ensure we achieve our group, business, and overall company goals.