Envestnet refers to the family of operating subsidiaries of the public holding company, Envestnet, Inc. (NYSE: ENV). Envestnet is a leading independent provider of technology‐enabled investment and practice management solutions to financial advisors who are independent, as well as those who are associated with small or mid‐sized financial advisory firms and larger financial institutions. Envestnet's technology is focused on addressing financial advisors' front, middle, and back‐office needs. Envestnet is headquartered in Chicago.
Envestnet is seeking a talented and passionate Accountant II to join the Finance team.
If you love the idea of working in a Fintech company with the environment and excitement of a start-up where you are making everyday impact - then read on.
- Possesses a thorough understanding of basic accounting concepts
- Possesses a basic understanding of the concept of risk mitigation.
- Prepare timely and accurate journal entries recording revenue, expense accruals and balance sheet activity for standard and/or straightforward transactions.
- Conduct thorough analysis of financial statements to provide timely and accurate P&L and Balance Sheet variance explanations.
- Conduct increasingly complex reasonableness tests and identify the root causes of most variances (i.e., business reasons).
- Prepare increasingly complex spreadsheet analyses and schedules to meet monthly, quarterly and annual reporting requirements.
- Utilize multiple sources to compile quantitative and qualitative data.
- Utilize financial schedules to perform reasonableness tests and identify trends and data anomalies.
- Perform accurate and timely balance sheet and P&L account reconciliations in area of responsibility.
- Complete assigned special projects in a timely and accurate manner.
- Identify potential control deficiencies in area of responsibility and recommend corrective action to management.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- 2-3 years of Corporate Accounting experience preferred
- Previous experience working in a high growth, public company environment preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong analytical skills
- Be a member of a leading financial services and products innovation company
- Competitive Compensation/Total Reward Packages that include:
- Health Benefits (Health/Dental/Vision)
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
- 401K – Company Match
- Annual Bonus Incentive
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Working on global projects with team members all over the world!
- Opportunity to work with top tiered clients, global 500 companies and startups
- Work with diverse, energetic, team members who respect each other and celebrate differences
- The best work location with unlimited snacks!