ESG Data Specialist
Envestnet refers to the family of operating subsidiaries of the public holding company, Envestnet, Inc. (NYSE: ENV). Envestnet is a leading independent provider of technology‐enabled investment and practice management solutions to financial advisors who are independent, as well as those who are associated with small or mid‐sized financial advisory firms and larger financial institutions. Envestnet's technology is focused on addressing financial advisors' front, middle, and back‐office needs. Envestnet is headquartered in Chicago.
- Envestnet - Wealth Division is looking for an ESG Data Specialist. This position is responsible for supporting Envestnet's quickly growing impact and ESG investing business.
You will be working across multiple business units, including asset management, data analytics, investment research, and platform technology, with key responsibilities including.
- Working closely with our impact team to maintain Envestnet's position as the Platform for ESG and impact investing for independent advisors.
- Informing Envestnet's ESG Data Strategy. Helping to develop the narrative on how our approach to ESG data allows us to uniquely serve clients.
- Staying informed on Envestnet's evolving ESG investment data needs, awareness of how our current data meets those needs, evolving market capabilities, client expectations and gaps to address.
- Liaising with Envestnet's existing ESG data providers and identify new providers whose data would complement our existing capabilities; diligence and contract with these providers and work closely with our technology and data teams to implement new data sources.
- Applying expertise to the design of impact and ESG portfolio scoring models, both for investment products and client accounts.
- Helping to design innovative impact reports for Envestnet | PMC's impact strategies.
- Liaising with the Envestnet | PMC Research Team to address questions on ESG research and data.
- Working closely with our legal and compliance team on understanding and reacting to the rapidly changing ESG regulatory developments on ESG.
- Engaging with current enterprise clients to test ESG and impact reporting ideas.
- Serving as an internal expert on ESG data.
- Identify and address strategic limitations of ESG data.
- Contributing to marketing material designed to share insights and build product designs.
- Contributing to thought leadership through blog postings, white papers, and academic articles.
- You are motivated and passionate about solving market problems and building innovative data tools and research
- Expertise in the nuances of specific ESG and sustainability-related datasets.
- Bachelor's degree; ideally in data analytics or 2-3 years experience working with ESG data, either at ESG ratings firm or at an asset management/wealth management firm.
- Familiarity with ESG data vendors (Sustainalytics, MSCI, ISS) as well as ESG and sustainability frameworks (SASB, TCFD, PRI).
- Ability to express complex ideas in simple, practical terms, for a wide range audiences.
- Ability to interpret, clean, and manipulate data.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in written material.
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Envestnet offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, flexible hours/paid time off, and excellent health/dental/vision insurance. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Envestnet is an equal opportunity employer.