Director, Quality Assurance
- 15-20 Years of work experience as a hands-on Technology Leader with deep hands-on technical knowledge in software development and product development life cycle. This position requires someone who has a development background, is detail oriented, understands Financial Technology products, and application development methodologies. Knowledge and experience of testing methodologies & automation best practices will be an added advantage.
- Full time Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience of at-least 5 years at a senior leadership level with team handling responsibilities, having managed engineering delivery in a large or mid-size IT product organization or in a productized services line-of-business in an IT services organization
- Familiar with working in fast-paced and performance driven cultural environment, with strong stakeholder-management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, planning, organizational, prioritization, presentation, analytical, problem solving, oral and written communication skills
- Comfortable with change management specific to initiating, shaping and managing change.
- Ability to perform competently in high-pressure, high-stress situations
- Knowledge in Agile or Scrum methodologies, databases like MS-SQL, Oracle, MYSQL, etc.
- Sound experience in multiple product development methodologies, built primarily in a JAVA environment
- Knowledge of test-automation framework for testing services and UI feature using technologies like JAVA, REST-Assured, Selenium Webdriver, TestNG, Maven, etc
- Experience with developing and testing SOAP/REST/JSon web service
- Experience in Unit testing Frameworks
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provide vision that leads to path breaking testing practices & manage system and integration testing as a service
- Lead the team to engage with business stakeholders to understand test areas and create/execute on a roadmap to help making testing more efficient, scalable and maintainable
- Influence overall test strategy by helping define system test requirements, enabling QA throughout the SDLC
- Develop and spearhead best practices to enable smooth verification effort
- Drive requirements for test automation to both ensure product quality and traceability
- Dive into and take ownership of critical roadmap items to enable better testing
- Participate in design reviews of select critical features to drive design for test methods and standardize practices
- Planning and developing system, component and interface level test strategies
- Define quality metrics and implement measurements to determine test effectiveness, testing efficiency, and measure the overall quality of the product
- Innovate in the areas of expanding testing based on real user data using big data/patterns in production to derive orthogonal arrays/use cases
- Hiring and resource-planning, retention and capability-building of team members
- Creating, measuring & reporting the business success metrics for System Integration Testing COE
- Monitoring of all the QA activities, test results, leaked defects, root cause analysis and identifying areas of improvement. Implement steps required to improve the processes.
- Focus on continuous QA improvements including usage of appropriate testing tools, test techniques, test automation.
- Provide technical / functional leadership and expertise within the field of Quality Assurance and Testing.