Envestnet refers to the family of operating subsidiaries of the public holding company, Envestnet, Inc. (NYSE: ENV). Envestnet is a leading independent provider of technology‐enabled investment and practice management solutions to financial advisors who are independent, as well as those who are associated with small or mid‐sized financial advisory firms and larger financial institutions. Envestnet's technology is focused on addressing financial advisors' front, middle, and back‐office needs. Envestnet is headquartered in Chicago.Envestnet - Tamarac is seeking at QA Engineer.
Bird’s eye view of your role –
We are looking for a detail-oriented, client-focused, experienced software test engineer to bullet-proof our cutting edge software product solutions for investment professionals. Excellent candidates will be collaborative, continually improving, and work well in a rapidly growing, vibrant workplace. Your role will be to use your technical skills and meticulous attention to detail to ensure the high quality of the products and features we deliver.
You will definitely possess these technical skills –
- Ability to dissect requirements into usable test cases and test plan that covers new functionality, while keeping an eye on all other aspects that ensure full testing coverage
- Worked with automation frameworks and tools including maintenance of existing test suites
- Experience working in an agile environment collaborating with developers and product to ship features efficiently
- Expertise in black and white box testing of complex browser-based applications
- Strong troubleshooting skills with complex multi-tier applications
- Ability to understand Windows services and jobs and be able to configure and troubleshoot configuration files and logs
- Capable of creating and working with various file types (.csv,.txt,.psv, etc.) to test end to end systems that consume and transform files
- Familiarity with Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio and SQL queries for test scenario validation and data manipulation
What competencies will you have –
- Problem Solving – You are methodical and able to identify the root cause of defects and accurately document what’s relevant
- Adaptability – You easily adapt to changes in the work environment and change your approach or method to best fit the situation; you are able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Judgment – You exhibit sound and accurate judgment; you easily explain reasoning for decisions and include the appropriate people in decision-making process
- Quality – You demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness and continually look for ways to improve and promote quality; you apply feedback to improve performance and monitor your work to ensure quality
- Communication – You effectively reach out to the right people with articulate questions and/or suggestions; you are able to communicate technical items in non-technical language
- Planning and Pacing – You manage your time well and effectively highlight any concerns ahead of time during test and release planning; you are able to keep up with the pace of our team and you use your time efficiently
- Leadership and Innovation - You are not afraid to ask questions and initiate process improvements; willing to bring new ideas and fresh perspectives to your team.
- Collaboration – you love working in a team and have a sense of humor!
You will have -
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent software testing certification (ISTQB)
- 5+ years of software testing experience in a web hosted environment, ideally SaaS.
We would love for you to have –
- Professional experience in the financial services industry
- Knowledge of 3rd party integrations and API testing
Here will be your performance objectives –
- Test new features and enhancements to Advisor products, including:
- Defining your own test cases
- Breaking down a functional specification into test cases
- Creating a test case matrix to ensure full testing coverage with requirements
- Writing up exceptional defects with all relevant details like error logs, screenshots, steps, etc.
- Work effectively with developers, management and team members to clarify needs and testing requirements of major product changes, future versions and new products Provide responsive support to escalated customer issues Ensure thorough testing of all product releases using your solid foundation of testing techniques Improve on our quality processes and promote reusable regression processes as well as identifying potential risk areas Continually grow skills that enhance your technical expertise and general organizational contribution Participate in test case reviews
How will your lofty goals be translated into specific actions / short term goals -
Within first 30 days, you will quickly get familiarized with architecture, systems and current process and tools By the end of the first quarter, you should be able to contribute to the successful delivery of a feature
What’s in it for you? (EVP – Employee Value Proposition) -
- Learn, explore and contribute towards technologies, organization and self-growth by working with technology experts and architects within the organization
- Participate, grow and influence design and feature delivery on various products across the organization
- Work on new technologies
- Be a member of a leading fintech company, innovators in personal finance management and aggregation space and products innovation company
- Earn a competitive compensation package with unique benefits and facilities
NOTE: This is intended to describe the general content of and qualifications for the job. It is not intended as an exhaustive statement of all functions, duties, or desired qualifications.
Envestnet | Tamarac is an Equal Opportunity Employer