Design Lead Manager
Hungry, Humble, Honest with a heart.
Design Lead Manager, Bangalore
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyper-converged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
"Design" and "Customer delight" is embedded into every step of our product cycle. Nutanix has a design first philosophy that brings consumer-grade design and web-scale engineering together to create an amazing user experience that is only been seen in the consumer world with the likes of Apple and Tesla. Visit our career’s page to know more about life at Nutanix
As part of the Global Design organization, the design team is seeking a strong Design Lead Manager for our Bangalore- India, office. We are looking for someone who is recognized for their design leadership within the product, people management and is known for their domain expertise. The successful candidate is someone who is passionate about leading, growing and managing teams towards solving complex problems. Someone who is excited by the opportunity to work with a globally distributed design team and can help grow and connect design projects across Nutanix's worldwide offices.
What you will bring:
- Has a strong design portfolio demonstrating innovation, craftsmanship, and leadership
- Is a natural leader & passionate designer who can guide multiple designs and team members
- Has a solid understanding of multiple product domains and has developed a good reputation within a company in those domains
- Has demonstrated an ability to execute, and drive, a variety of design-related activities
- Facilitates design sprints, workshops, and brainstorming sessions
- Can compare and contrast feature experience journeys with competing products and influence feature direction in a particular product area. Owns product experience journey for one or more domains within the product.
- Can generate customer insights and influence feature direction
- Identifies gaps/inefficiencies in the Design process and contributes to improvements
- Can take ownership to lead design projects across multiple verticals by collaborating with the broader Designers, Product Managers, UI developers, Back-end Engineers, and other Engineering leaders
- Motivates and drives consensus across multiple functions (PM, Engineering & Design)
- Establishes oneself in the team and evolves rapidly to take on the management of a small team
- Can accurately assess, coach promising individuals, and give honest feedback
- Does project management, resource, and roadmap planning and conducts reflection/ retrospective meetings for the team
- Can attract and develop talented design leads who are most capable of driving the company's success
Required skill set:
- Work effectively in a fast-moving environment, juggle multiple projects, and prioritize work
- Stay current on technology trends to inform and inspire modern design.
- Has strong presentation and communication skills
- Must present and communicate their design work to all stakeholders
- Able to communicate mission, goals & rationale for design with exec and wider teams
- Regularly communicates project status and shares design iterations
- Actively influences decisions on products and solutions with design
- Prior experience of managing a team is a plus
- Strong interest in data visualization and enterprise software
- Have working knowledge of accessibility guidelines and best practices
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degrees (Masters, PhD, etc.) in Design, Interaction design, HCI, or related field with 6-8 years experience in enterprise or consumer
- Experience in enterprise product industry is preferred
- Passion for design, telling customer stories, and simplifying the complex problems
- Strong working knowledge of latest wireframing/ design and prototyping tools
- Familiar with usability testing (in person and remote), user research, contextual inquiry, interviews, qualitative design analysis, research reporting and design thinking
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, Able to work cooperatively and communicate effectively
Nutanix is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building and sustaining a culture where people of all backgrounds are valued, know they belong, and believe they can succeed here. We focus on creating a diverse and inclusive workplace environment and all applicants will be considered for employment based on qualifications, experience, and skills without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or age. If this sounds interesting, apply now!
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.