Senior Systems Engineer - Channel (Belgium)
Senior Systems Engineer - Channel (BENELUX)
Hungry, Humble, Honest, with Heart!
Do you love discovering customers’ business challenges and crafting unique solutions for them? Are you ready for an opportunity to transform the way companies work? If you have a passion for Enterprise Cloud Technology and a knack for helping customers understand them; we want to talk to you!
Nutanix (NTNX) is looking for a driven and passionate Advisory Systems Engineer -Channel (SE)which is a technical field pre-sales/ enablement position that serves as the lead advocate for our Partner Presales Systems Engineers & Solution Architects. You will be responsible for driving channel technical enablement initiatives and creating content to ensure our partners are able to perform all the functions that a Nutanix Systems Engineer does, including product demonstrations and executing Proofs of Concept (POC). You will be tasked with creating and delivering compelling sales and technical training, building trust as a resource both internally and externally, all while identifying and driving initiatives to strengthen our partners’ offerings and ensure continual growth.
Systems Engineering at Nutanix
Our Systems Engineering & Solution Sales organization is made up of 800+ customer-focused technical sales professionals who are responsible for identifying and matching technology opportunities with the customer’s business issues and objectives, as well as channel partner training and enablement. This team also acts in a consultative fashion and is looked to as an expert in their field by the Nutanix sales, customer success, business partners, and customers.
- Be a crucial member of the Channel SE team helping Nutanix partners be successful with Nutanix portfolio and solutions.
- Collaborate with partners to identify prospective customers and/or product capability assessment and validation as it applies to the technical sales process.
- Collaborate with the marketing and events team to create any partner-facing documents for go-to-market solutions
- Partner with channel sales and field marketing to plan, deliver and manage effective demand generation campaigns with partners.
- Participate in technical events together with partners -conferences, meet-ups, blogs, and more.
- Navigate & build long-term relationships with channel partners and be seen and treated as a trusted & valued resource.
- Size and configure Nutanix solutions according to customer’s unique needs.
- Partner with the sales team to assist in drafting proposals; recommend and design customer solutions
- Provide enablement & training resources to equip them to drive sales independently. Support partners who progress deals autonomously by reviewing Bill of Materials (BOMs), helping the partner prepare for presentations, and advising on solutions
- Work with the Nutanix Regional SE Manager to drive field pre-and post-sales alignment and engagement with partners.
- Invest time and effort to learn new technologies to help our partners adapt their solutions and integrate your knowledge into their efforts
- Subject matter expertise in one or more relevant technology disciplines to establish credibility with technical leaders.
- Create and execute strategic business plans with channel partners.
- Participate in leadership meetings to influence products and solutions.
- Create training material for broader knowledge sharing and best practices.
What You’ll Bring
- 10+ years of experience in a customer-facing technical role with 6 to 8 years’ experience as a Presales Engineer.
- Bachelor’s Degree, and working knowledge of Information Technology, or equivalent experience.
- Familiarity working with Channel partners and having good knowledge of a channel-centric market approach.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and use engaging, informative, and compelling presentation methodologies and drive overall channel technical enablement plan for the region.
- Ability to motivate, train and conduct seminars within partners to exceed revenue targets
- Ability to be an excellent partner with technical resources at all levels of a partner organization.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills and ability to communicate professionally with partners, customers, and internal cross-functional teams including Sales, Marketing, and Engineering
- A structured thinker with excellent presentation and problem-solving skills
- Self-starter, with excellent time management & organizational skills
- A desire to learn and be challenged, and continuously strive for excellence.
- Presales experience in data centre and cloud technologies such as storage, virtualization, and automation frameworks with a solid level of expertise in technical specifications to sell Nutanix products and services.
- Ability to provide mentorship for new hires and peer colleagues.
- Willing to travel across the region up to 50%.
Meet the Hiring Manager – Craig Menzies (https://www.linkedin.com/in/craigianmenzies/)
- Craig joined Nutanix five years ago, he came here for a long list of reasons but the most compelling was the strategic direction the company was taking; my personal investment was for the long term, and he could see how Nutanix was investing in the building the platform we now have today.
- Prior experiences include roles at Splunk, where he realized the power of platforms, NetApp, where he learned the importance of culture, and EMC, where he honed his selling skills.
- His biggest personal win is his role as a parent, while professionally, he loves innovating and working in places that allow him to do this.
- When hiring, Craig looks for candidates who are passionate technology evangelists, builders of better solutions, and advocates for innovation, all contributing to a progressive and energized team.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.