FAB QA/FOOD SAFETY SUPERVISOR_ B SHIFT
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Participates in the development and implementation of programs, policies, and procedures for product quality and food safety requirements.
- Assists with plant quality and food safety audits (internal and third party), including HACCP, BRC and others.
- Ensure compliance to all USDA, FSIS regulatory standards.
- Has excellent technical writing skills and is able to communicate with suppliers, customers, and government agencies.
- Has knowledge of basic microbiology, is able to communicate with laboratory personal at a technical level.
- Has knowledge of Animal Science, an understanding of bovine anatomy/muscle structure.
- Ensure the proper use and care of analytical instruments and equipment, including daily calibration tests and associated documentation.
- Effectively communicate results by preparing clear reports; effectively delivers updates to senior management.
- Ability to conduct sensory and organoleptic testing, as needed.
- Ability to apply the knowledge and application of meat science principles to execute Good Manufacturing Practices in daily production.
- Provides technical guidance, training, and coaching to direct reports in the day to day execution of their responsibilities.
- Uses technical expertise and product knowledge/experience to design solutions to meet corporate product development strategy.
- Work with Corporate Technical Services Department team members for process implementation and solving issues situations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university in Food Technology, Animal Science, or related field; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have knowledge of food science and microbiology or chemistry.
- Must have an understanding of Quality Assurance methods and procedures.
- Knowledge of supervisory management practices and principles.
- Advanced communication skills.
- Strong understanding of Meat processing, USDA, FSIS regulations, Food Safety and Quality Assurance standards and a commitment to food safety and quality.
- Bilingual (preferred).
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
The company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. The Immigration Reform and Control ACT requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.