Communication Specialist - Somali
Pilgrim’s wants YOU to join our hourly production team! Positions start at $16.90/hour and we are offering a $3,000 sign-on bonus!
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401K contributions
- Better Futures Program –2 Year Community College tuition paid for you or your dependents!
- Opportunity to grow your career through our Supervisor Development Program
At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always. This includes increased safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19, such as enhanced cleaning and sanitation, face coverings, temperature screens and plexi-glass or plastic barriers. We are also working to secure vaccine availability for our Team Members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Assist Production Supervisors as requested during operations for communicating work direction and communication on the production floor.
- Assists with team member questions and requests during breaks and shift changes.
- Assists with new team member orientations
- Assists in coordinating interpreter services to meet facility needs
- Assists with team members with community needs and connection with resources.
- Assists with translation of team member materials as needed.
- Assists with coordination of team member processes such as Chicken Sales, Team Member meetings, Team Member Recognition, Community Campaigns, Team Member Activities, etc
- Other duties as required by management and supervisor
EXPECTATIONS – all Team Members
- Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
- Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies such as Six Sigma, and participates in or supports the E$P program
- Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices, and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED) required
- Minimum of 1 year of previous experience required.
- Bi-Lingual Somali (Read, Write, Speak) fluently is required
- Intermediate skills and abilities in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to work with independently
- Ideal candidate will have high energy, be adaptable to change, and enjoy fast work pace
- Must be willing to work with diverse work groups, cultures and appreciate and promote inclusion
- Additional preferred skills and abilities include telephone skills, professionalism, organization, creativity, innovation, and confidentiality.
- To perform this job successfully, applicant must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION: Applications accepted until April 30th, 2021
Please submit resume and application on-line at: Pilgrims.com