2nd SHIFT HOTSIDE MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR
Location: Ottumwa, IA
Job title: 2nd Shift Hotside Maintenance Supervisor
Type of position: Full-time
- Perform skilled maintenance activities including construction, welding, brazing, soldering, plumbing and hydraulics.
- Monitor all production areas to ensure proper functioning of equipment and machinery.
- Prioritize work orders and schedule mechanics according to immediacy and necessity of orders
- Train employees on Safety Procedures including, but limited to Lock Out Tag Out, Power Industrial Truck, Scissor Lift, Harness/Fall Protection, etc.
- Adjust, repair and replace electrical and electronic equipment.
- Participate in HAZMAT team to ensure preparedness for emergency situations.
- Promote and encourage safety in all aspects of maintenance.
- Arrange for completion of required paperwork, such as payroll.
- Attend meetings as scheduled or called.
- Safety background desired.
- Provide timely feedback to team members on progression through training.
- Spend time in plant verifying team members with hands-on training and comprehension.
- Ability to communicate verbally and written in English
- Goal oriented and possess root cause analysis skills.
- Ability to lead people toward achieving personal and plant results.
- Assist HR with maintaining accurate pay for hourly
- Job postings and keeping accurate records of placement
- Coordinates maintenance employee’s responsibilities and oversees the mechanical of equipment.
- Responsible for correcting or facilitating corrective measures when downtime results from mechanical or technical defects.
- Processes maintenance downtime report for corporate and plant management. Assigns work orders or special projects to maintenance employees
- Maintains department budget within specified guidelines.
- Conducts pre-operational inspection and handles maintenance concerns of Production Supervisors to make sure operation begins as scheduled.
- Reviews maintenance purchase requisitions and submits for approval.
- Tends to other duties as needed.
- Be able to communicate verbally and in written form in English
- Ability to perform general mathematical calculations.
- Mechanical inclination and knowledge of job specifications.
- Industrial construction experience beneficial.
- Previous hourly maintenance and supervisor experience preferred.
- Work 40+ hours per week in all areas of the plant.
- Considerable knowledge of the methods, materials, tools and practices used in the building, mechanical and electrical trades.
- Previous mechanical and related experience required.
- Considerable knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions.
Education Requirements (if applicable):
- Technical schooling with mechanical or electrical emphasis helpful.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
JBS offers a full range of benefits including health care, life insurance, and a 401 (K) plan.
JBS is an equal opportunity employer.