HARVEST QA TECHNICIAN
JBS began in 1953 as a small, family-owned company in Brazil. We have continued to steadily grow and are now the largest animal protein processor in the world. Though our business has grown, our family values remain our foundation. We seek to hire dedicated individuals who are committed to learning and share our desire to be the best. At JBS, our team members are our most important asset and feeding the world is our greatest goal. The Souderton operation is a two-shift, beef-processing facility located in eastern Pennsylvania. JBS employs a total of 1,500 team members.
Souderton has the capacity to process more than 520,000 cattle per year and currently exports to 20 different countries around the world!
Investing in our people is a large part of the reason why success at JBS is so achievable. Working in operations gives you the opportunity to contribute to the very core of our business: producing the highest quality products for families around the globe. At the JBS operations facilities, we offer career growth opportunities for people with all kinds of interests and backgrounds who are interested in working in a fast-paced, hands-on environment. Additionally, opportunities abound for those who enjoy working within the production environment and are excited about both leading a team and ensuring we are producing a top quality, safe product for families across the globe.
JBS® values the people who make our company a success. We want to be sure our team members know just how much we appreciate their dedication by ensuring they love working with us. As part of our total compensation package, JBS® and offers comprehensive employee benefits designed to meet the healthcare and financial goals of our team members and their families today, tomorrow and in the future
Position at JBS USA Food Company
- Monitor SOP's, SSOP's and GMP compliance of associates, perform HACCP procedures to comply with federal regulations
- Have contact with USDA and present records to them at the agency's request
- Review records to ensure accuracy and be held accountable to their accuracy
- Aid QA supervision and management in gathering data and investigating items outside of regular technician responsibilities
- work closely with production associates in monitoring product for specifications, and correcting specifications deficiencies
- Be able to come up with solutions to problems and be able to work for periods without supervision
Monitor the implementation of food safety and quality procedures on the floor, report deficiencies and correct them. Other duties assigned. Usual shift: 8.5 hours, 6 days a week, this is subject to change on a day by day basis, depending on the situation. May be asked to trade shifts with other technicians or come in at a specific time outside of normal hours.